Hardest Shot in Pinball?

The hardest shot in pinball is whatever I need to secure a victory.

4 Likes

Bonus Collect saucer on Genie/saucer on Surfer/Surfer Champ. These are basically the same shot and very difficult to hit from the flippers (plenty of bounce-ins from the pops though).

Mystery scoop on Metallica when Crank it Up is lit.

3 Likes

This can be fixed by adding one or two washers to the back legs of the metal housing of the lock shot.

2 Likes

It’s got to be the Hole in One, right?

Hitting Sim Card shot directly is IMO too hard, but at least you can get it accidentally/indirectly.

1 Like

Cheetah: left loop

2 Likes

Had a variation to this thread a while back…

Stern Pirates of the Carribean super duper skill shot!

8 Likes

I’m with @pascal and @spraynard. The Cheetah shot is pretty straight forward, but just insanely narrow and long. I also believe it’s better to get a double rollover on the switch at the very top and not go all the way through if memory serves. The Stern PotC is probably more difficult, but it’s more of a skillshot than a regular shot. Still, good answers both.

What is does the left lane switch on Cheetah do again? Collects bonus, right?

The 50k shot on Lizard I guess it’s called Pinball Lizard

1 Like

Correct. We have one of these at league, and the up-and-down also tends to land in the inner inlane, spotting a total of 3 numbers. Very useful. The switch isn’t quite at the very top though, more like three quarters the way up.

Making this shot consistently for me is a bit of an optical illusion. You want to miss it late. If you aim “correctly” you will most likely get a rattle off the wall and it won’t travel up. Missing it late sort of slings it smoothly off the curved bottom part of the metal side rail.

Collects bonus if lit after completing 1-2-3-4-5 twice (may be settings adjustable, this is how ours is set). Also spots the next number in the sequence.

1 Like

WCS scoop. Oh man, what drag. Diabolical.

2 Likes

I have to agree. Over hundreds of games, I got the super duper skill shot once, by accident. IMO, it’s not worth shooting for. But it’s definitely one of the most difficult shots in all of pinball.

That shot kept me out of qualifying at Pinburgh a few years ago. I couldn’t hit it and my opponent got it off the right sling, up and down the switch for 100k. I missed the cut by 1 point. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Game- High Hand
Shot- Center Hole Collect Bonus.

3 Likes

Simply “Liking” this post does not do it justice for me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Jolly Park - center loop

It’s a really tight center shot at the top of the playfield. Even with rebuilt flippers it feels like a 1% success rate.

Tales from the crypt right ramp is really hard and I got to play houdini finally and the trunk lock shot is a crazy hard shot.

1 Like

I cover this in detail in my EMcyclopedia version 2 [coming out before this year’s Pinburgh].

1 Like

Left loop on Sharpshooter for the 50K rollover is pretty damned hard to do intentionally.

Lock shot on nine ball. It’s 100% impossible to shoot for :slight_smile:

1 Like