Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Rulesheet

So I’ve done Save Xandar 3 or 4 times now- after you collect the super jackpot I noticed I was playing with how many ever balls in play back to regular play. By “regular” play I could still collect locks for orb and groot but I couldn’t play any modes. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m assuming this is just unfinished code?

One of the times I was only on ball 2 and once I drained to ball 3 I was able to reselect a mode. I believe this was the latest code update

I’m seem to recall my Save Xandar game behaving the same.

How many Hadron Enforcer can you stack now?

Three.

Anyone know what the headphone hurry up is? Just been through the GOTG audits on my pro and it comes up as having been started a number of times but I’ve never come across it during the game AFAIK…

Three completions or one completion that give three pushes. Or how many pushes you get per completion?

Three pushes per completion. Cannot have any more than three on the button at once. Pretty sure.

1 Like

Did this change. It use to be 2 pushes per completion, 3 max stored.

Possible. How long ago was that?

“- added a Hadron Enforcer Limit adjustment, default= 3. This limits the number of Hadron Enforcer ‘shots’ you can have in reserve.”

I found this in the .95 read me and I didn’t see any further changes made to Hadron on later versions.

Prior to that, I believe you could collect as many as you wanted. Start orb MB, mash button, collect all jackpots including the super. I want to say that when they limited it to three, they also disabled collecting a super jackpot (orb or Groot MB) with a smart bomb. It was a good rule change IMO.

It is getting harder to remember what all those lockbar buttons do and which awards carry over to the next ball though. 2019 should be a lockbar button-free year, dammit!

4 Likes

The next logical step then: bring on the foot pedals!

3 Likes

We got a Rolling Stones LE on location nearby when they were new. The LE has extra buttons on each side which control up posts in each outlane and a big center post between the flippers. If you hit the left extra button, the left outlane post comes up for a few seconds and vice versa for the right side. If you hit both extra buttons at the same time the center post comes up.

So should be impossible to drain, right? I tried for way, way too long to master using the buttons and posts and couldn’t do it. Got really frustrated. I finally decided to ignore them and soon ended up putting up a GC score that was 4-5X the previous GC score. I don’t do well with extra buttons (or foot pedals).

Bit of a thread necro here, but I’m curious - is this an LE feature, or did you get one with UK posts installed?

Stones LE has the side posts and a powerball as standard.

2 Likes

Yep, standard. RS is an underrated game IMO. For whatever reasons, the software has a couple of big exploits, which can be extremely rewarding if you can set them up. Stacking the song Happy with one of the MB’s is one. Looping the easy left ramp with multiple balls at a time with jackpot lit is both fun and worth big points. Try for four balls on the ramp at once. The Charlie shot is one of my favorite shots. Nearly impossible from the natural right flipper, easy from a backhand, which doesn’t even look possible. If you get a chance to play one, I highly recommend doing so.

I should probably add that I may be somewhat biased because I was one of the fortunate few who got to epically break a Mick-on-a-Stick before Stern realized Mick might need some back support. It was a pinball moment I’ll never forget. The top half of Mick went flying. I remember it like it was yesterday.

5 Likes

I was playing Guardians LE today in a tourney. On one game I played Sanctuary and I swear it saved all my progress. When I went back into it a second time I had all but one or two shots left. On another game Sanctuary behaved as expected, where progress was not saved. Could this be a bug, or is it possible this was due to hitting the Upgrade scoop during Sanctuary?

If the mode times out, you loose progress and have to make all 5 shots again. If you drain before completing the mode, progress is kept (added to the wiki).

2 Likes

True, but saving progress on draining (both the state of completion and the timer) is the same across all modes; Sanctuary is no different in that regard.

I just want to vent about inserts that lie. The ballsave right outlane insert appears to flash (slowly) as part of the Groot virtual lock light show. Monday night I lost 2 balls on choices to not nudge because in that moment the light was on, then as it drained the light went out. Argh.

6 Likes