Grand Lizard Code Update

Deep cut of completely useless knowledge, because yeah, seems super unlikely. I think you’d need multiple balls on the upper playfield and just clobbering that 5 bank all at once so it registers as a sweep.

The sweep happens more prominently when you shoot the right orbit hard, at times it will feed right across the top set of drops for your sweep.

Space shuttle is a nice little nugget also.

1 Like

Adj. 44 set to “harder” makes it so every award for the 3 bank is on a timer. Can make it a little harder to build the value of the cave shot. Not sure how Adj. 33 influences this as it is a timer adjustment for the 3 bank that goes from 0-9. You could obviously still grind the upper playfield for less points.

Ahh. This is why I didn’t think you could do this. We have extra hard settings installed.

In addition to the loop value, after a loop the lock shot lights for 50K. On many games you can backhand the loop, leave the flipper held up, and the ball will just fly right into that lock shot. Hold up right flipper to divert back to left. Boring but effective.

1 Like

I’ve had slim luck with that move but it’s nice when it works! On most I’ve played it’s a clean feed to the right orbit.

1 Like

It’s a 4 bank, believe it or not :wink:

2 Likes

Funny … I was thinking, where’s the 5 bank at? It does have 5 lamps in front of it though … easy mistake. :slight_smile:

This thread got me thinking about my GL - it’s a mainstay in the World Sys11 champs we hold.

I haven’t got times (we run open qualifying) but over 95 players the scores ranged from 30k to 4m. Most under 1m. It’s a game, even when set to extra hard, a good player can blow it up. Just the way it is.

My locks are pretty hard to hit … backhand is easier, if you shoot it from the right flipper, it’s a pretty hard shot, and when you miss you have a high chance of draining.

I would think the best solution for the OP would be to put big posts on the lock entry … make it so you need a perfect shot to make a lock.

Problem then … everyone will stay up top all day instead. :slight_smile:

Another technique would be to disable the magnasaves. With appropriate signage of course! (Cue Josh Sharpe yellow post-it notes…)

rd

How do you disable the magnets? Cut the power to them?

When we used for INDISC, we installed a fat post rubber at lock entrance and the center spinner shot…along with Hard settings.
Worked out fine.

2 Likes

Mine already has the fat rubber at the lock shot. Good little mod for sure.

1 Like

Could also swap out upper PF flippers for lighting flippers?

@diehardpinball installed modded coil stops on the upper flippers so they only flipped about halfway to what they normally do. Subtle but very effective.

Also had lightning flippers on lower flippers.
The game was MEAN

1 Like

Put Simpson’s upper playfield mini flippers up there. Haha