I’m interested to hear from people about good ideas for pinball “Side Contests” at events.
For example, I’ve listed some things we’ve tried at recent events. Some are generic and Pinball Olympic-style, others are things that are game specific. I’m interested to hear more “Specific” examples to see what we can do at future events for fun side events.
- “Punching Contest” - on Title Fight. Only the punches count, which are shown on the side scoreboard. Regular score doesn’t matter. Similar thing could be done on any of the street level games.
Generic + Simple:
- “Covered Flipper” - Cover the bottom part of the playfield with a piece of cardboard.
- “Closest Without Going Over” - Set a target score and get as close as you can. Lots of fun with older EM games.
- “Dollar Game” - $1 to enter, high score wins.
- “Boxing Gloves” - Wear boxing gloves, play the game.
Generic + More Complicated:
- Reverse the left and right flipper switches, so the buttons are reversed.
- “Crazy Flipper” - Switch the flippers to a mini-flipper and a banana flipper. Tried on a Meteor and it was a lot of fun.
- Tilt Bob outside the machine - The tilt bob was attached to a helmet that you had to wear.
What else have people done?