Ghostbusters Code Version 1.10

well MB doesn’t bring much pts and is usually over pretty fast so adding the AAB easier would help make it more interesting compare to mode all day I assume?

3 Likes

The scoop shot isn’t a gimme either

1 Like

Sadly, for SFMB, no. Providing an AAB doesn’t make that MB any better. :frowning:

disable the drops :slight_smile:

EDIT: trent has it set up this way for Expo

3 Likes

I only got to play 2 games today on the new code just with factory settings. The center post really upped the game time on the one I played but with all the left ramp rejects and pop feeds I did not mind at all and it kept me from needing to slide save across the room like I usually do. Will probably try to get op to disable the drops (or get him to give me the keys and do it myself) because unless somebody knows a way to make them less stiff, reject-y, and airball-y I don’t know why they’re there tbh.

Unfortunately Time Warner had some guy spill coffee on the internet so wasn’t able to stream today. Hopefully I can Sunday though

Chris Bucci told me that he had changed out the springs with some sort of pinball life fix.

1 Like

I got the Pinball Life upgrade springs for the drop targets for the one I op. They are a little on the too strong side. Left drop wouldn’t stay up at all with them but the right drop target works much better now. I’m also going to guess the stronger springs are going to put a lot more wear on the target and assembly.

Ghostbusters 1.10: This Game Is A Coin Flip POS So We Just Made It Really Easy Edition.

Good changes but I don’t think you can salvage that layout sadly. :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d like to hear from some competitive players out there- does ghostbusters make a decent tournament game? Any recommended settings (like tournament mode) to make the game better for competitive play?

Is the luck factor in GB still too high to be a good tournament game in the long run? Or is it still in an “acceptable range”?

Oh thank god, I hate qualifying modes on this game.

I’ve been playing GB at a couple of locations for our little monthly tournaments and most recently at PATL. There haven’t been any issues, mostly people just griping that they have to play it (I feel like that happens for every game tho). Scores have been pretty even, 50-500 mil range as expected. Tournament mode makes tobin’s pay out the same for everyone so that helps. Maybe waiting a million years for everyone to soft plunge is annoying but perhaps new code will take care of it.

2 Likes

There was a premium GB set up for main Flip-Out tournament at Chicago Expo this year. It was using latest 1.10 code. The settings were:

• Modes carry over if you drain
  • Drop targets were disabled
  • Outlanes set wide (don’t remember exactly)
  • No flipper angle adjustments at all
  • Left scoop fed left flipper
  • Right scoop was fast
  • Add a ball was turned on for each MB

Quite a few bil + games in the “A tourney”, Escher ended up winning a 1.6?bil to 1.2?bil game against Zach. Qualifying Scores are here.

Based on games I was able to see, the main strategy seemed to be go for left ramp/right orbit stacks, with WCWSWKIA making most points (Similarly to Hand of the King), with some working to ensure they have a multiplier going into that mode via left captive balls. I did not see anyone focus on Storage Facility. Most were short plunging.

One bug I saw happen was pops would award add-a-ball when WCWSWKIA was lit, but not started. It would not give you a ball, but probably used that option up. Its quite possible this bug existed before, but because modes were much harder to complete, nobody saw it/reported it.

5 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Was mode timeout completes mode disabled? Where ghost letters left at default medium?

Also, why disable drops? Changes risk reward of the game. Are Scoleri Brothers just disabled as an award with drops disabled.

Not sure, but I did not see anyone timing out modes - they’re just too valuable points-wise.

Yep, although most were starting modes via skill shot. [quote=“gammagoat, post:36, topic:2046”]
Also, why disable drops?
[/quote]

Unsure of real reason, my guess would be due to them not having good reg rate more so than their danger. There is a set amount of risk for shooting a drop target, but when the registration is random, it offsets any skill with blind luck (luck being them going down or not). Imagine if Monger would just randomly reject 1/2 of shots made.

There were other “easier” adjustments in the tournament - on Kiss, every song would award PF multiplier, and you only needed 1 grid for wizard mode, instead of 2. GoT had Lord of Light every 3 banks instead of once per game. Doors were disabled on TWD.

On the flip side, ST (and AC/DC?) had wide open, ruberless outlines.

Yep, it still “enables” Scoleri (as in they show up on DMD and sound is played) but you do not get an automatic SJP for them AFAIK. Next award is still Terror Dog Hurry.

4 Likes

that somehow explain the crazy scores (@raydaypinball)

This was a pretty cool adjustment for a tournament and really changes the dynamics and nuances of the game. Down 200 mil on ball 3 ? No problemo, just finish your third song, get 5x play field running with a 10x shot, start a MB and you’re right back in it!

1 Like

Timing out a mode on GB means you have to defeat slimer to relight the modes so that would not be a good strategy. Right orbit modes all day.

1 Like

Bah! It’s plenty possible to still get 700 million with no EBs on regular settings :wink:

3 Likes

so timing out mode complete them but do not light the next one? definitely not as interesting if you have to bash the ghost target and slimmer’s next…

1 Like

Oh I get that, but remember for some of us timing out a mode is not a choice, but caused by poor shot accuracy. 3 months in and I still have not finished the ballroom.

3 Likes