Game of Thrones Pinball Rulesheet

OK… figured out the Stark in alliance w/ Greyjoy thing. You have to clear both orbit purple shields during the Stark battle before you can cash out your Stark value at either orbit.

Modes finished while “in alliance with greyjoy” are supposed to be a little bit tougher to complete. It’s not an ideal banner to start on if you’re planning on getting to iron throne…Modes may be worth a little bit more though since you’re being forced to shoot more shots than just that center ramp to orbit cashout. Just make sure you do all the shots in time while the combo shots are still blinking.

What if extra ball is set for 25 mil? That can be valuable to collect at the mystery shot if it’s part of a combo or playfield x

If extra ball is set to 25 mil then that negates my statement that when extra balls are on you should save your gold :wink:

1 Like

There’s a feature adjustment to turn the casual mode off…sadly I don’t think all operators are going to do this. I think the factory default should be casual mode off and make the start at casual mode an install.

It depends on the location. If the game is going into a location with mostly casual players, like Disneyland or a boardwalk arcade, then casual mode default is appropriate. Smart operators with regular players will know to switch it. Kinda wonder if it should’ve been in standard settings though. Feature settings are an extra button push away. Many people never go there.

The other thing about locations with mostly casual players is that they typically don’t do a lot of maintenance, or even setup. This way they can unbox it, plug it in and walk away. This is the MO at the boardwalk by me (Santa Cruz). Making the default casual mode makes it pretty much idiot proof for those customers.

Can someone please explain to me what this “casual mode” is? I haven’t even gotten a chance to play this–I came pretty close, but the location I went to was completely rented out for a party that took up the entire day. Much of the talk seems to be in regards to this casual mode, and I can’t really follow it besides indirectly piecing out what people are saying of it.

It sounds like a mode in the game that requires minimal looking up at the DMD, which is one thing that can really improve the experience of someone who does not normally play pinball. I watch non-players play, and they are predominantly looking down at the playfield at all times, even when the ball is in a scoop, and only look up until it’s done.

(In fact, I think I’ll start a topic here regarding people unfamiliar with pinball and a list of behaviors they do.)

[quote=“phishrace, post:46, topic:936, full:true”]The other thing about locations with mostly casual players is that they typically don’t do a lot of maintenance, or even setup. This way they can unbox it, plug it in and walk away. This is the MO at the boardwalk by me (Santa Cruz). Making the default casual mode makes it pretty much idiot proof for those customers.
[/quote]

Well, that’d be more regarding operators who are themselves “casual” or even non-players. I know what you mean though. I went to UCSC, so I stopped by Neptune’s Arcade a lot, though mainly for Mario Kart Arcade GP–I wasn’t into pinball yet. But even I knew those machines were in quite the state of disrepair. They’re treated as something like claw machines or vending machines, where you just plug it in, follow the instructions, and forget about it until it’s time to stop by and empty the cash box (except you have to restock vending machines and claw machines).

1st draft of this and haven’t played it yet. Can someone let me know if it’s accurate?

It looks like a jumbled mess but it will be printed portrait on 11x17 (original image is 4000px long).

Go play it. It’s friggin deep. Not a game for noobs. Echa was at Hi Life last night and said she would probably put up the guide Stern put out. That would probably be more appropriate for this title.

The game is set to at least 7 degrees pitch and is listing slightly to starboard (somebody please buy TJ a digital torpedo level!), but otherwise plays fine. TJ set the default to non-casual. By about 5 yesterday, there were people waiting in line to play.

I didn’t play enough to say if your poster is accurate, but I did play enough to know that noobs probably should be encouraged to play something else, or watch others play for a while before they try to get a clue on GOT. A simple poster like yours probably isn’t going to be a big help. You’ll see when you play it.

One amusing thing I noticed is that every tilt bob touch gives the warning audio, even if it doesn’t count due to timing. You can literally get a 8 or 10 tilt warnings without tilting. Sweet. The lighting is retina burning. They better fix it or they’ll be hearing from my optometrist.

1 Like

looks great. Battering ram increases jackpot for blackwater multiball exclusively (i believe) and it also increases the playfield multiplier.

*When it registers lol

1 Like

Still better than the walking dead face.

2 Likes

I was playing at a tournament yesterday and on Gene’s game, I could swear he had all multipliers at 15x. The Stern rulesheet says they max at 5x. Anyone know how this is done?

edit: nm. Just read the part about multiplied multipliers with the battering ram.

1 Like

This is what I have so far. Any differences between the Tiltforum playsheet and my playsheet are most likely my errors (this is a first copy), and there’s some additional values/figures (including a Wildfire jackpot curve) on there.

Imgur Link, since it’s a bloody huge image

After looking at that, I have only one thing to say:

Yeaaaah…whoops. I did statistical analyses in college/use them at work and like math/numbers in general.

1 Like

You’re in good company. The player side of the hobby is loaded with math guys. As someone who sucks at math, I’m happy to have you guys around.

Your rulesheet looks awesome. Unfortunately I haven’t played GOT much, so I can’t really add anything.

Thanks! I’ll get around to updating it starting tomorrow, since I have some missing/inaccurate information.

Does anyone buy the Golden Hand? Curious how much it costs as I have not played many games. As Bowen will tell you if it is over 3000 then it’s a bad deal :wink:

Golden Hand is 2750, so its worth an extra 62.5k on your bonus. Now Lord of Light is a ripoff at 3600. :imp: