Game of Thrones Pinball Rulesheet

We got linked to by Fun With Bonus! Thanks to everyone for editing the rules! :smiley:

We still need some more info on that ā€œadvanced playā€ featureā€¦

1 Like

So if you read a little further down the readme file, it gives some more cluesā€¦

V1.03 - October 13, 2015

• Added Casual Mode Adjustment.
    • Factory PRO will be YES and NO for PRE/LE
    • No House selection at the start. PLayers will be HOUSE STARK.
    • STARK starts complete so they are one house closer to EXTRA BALL
    • GREYJOY starts lit.
    • No option to PASS on choose your battle
    • If only one house is lit the house will start without a prompt
      during CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE
    • Difficulty, HOME, and Directors Cut INSTALLS will change the setting.
    • Holding the ACTION button for 3 seconds before starting a game will
      allow the game to start NOT in casual mode if desired.
1 Like

This is correct. You have to hit all of the gold stand ups.

Iā€™ll be doing touching on the new code here soon.

1 Like

Rules updated to reflect 1.10 code. =]

Dwight told us this is just like in WhoDunnit and other games that had an ā€œeasyā€ mode vs ā€œregularā€ - in Casual Mode you donā€™t pick a house and start as Stark. You never want to play this way if you donā€™t have to so they added notes on how to start in ā€œProā€ mode for 1.10 it looks like which is good.

Ugh. So now Iā€™ve got to remember to hold the Action button on any GOT I find on location so I donā€™t get unintentionally started in ā€œCasualā€ mode?

I donā€™t understand how not getting to choose your house makes the game more appealing to casual players. The appeal of the license is that LOTS of people know about the show or the books. And itā€™s cool that you get to pick which house you want.

To me, the primary feature of a Casual or Novice mode is allowing a player to play for a set duration of time, regardless of how many balls they drain, similar to W?Dā€™s Novice mode.

3 Likes

Combo shot multiplier questions: So is the above how combo multipliers works?

If so, to confirm: You can loop either ramp to go over inlane repeatedly to ratchet up ALL shot multipliers?
Or just the shots that are natural combo shots toward the opposite side of the PF from the inlane you just went through?

Roughly how long do combo multipliers last before they revert to 1x?

Actually, no I didnā€™t. KISS was present at 82 the week it was released, so I got to play it almost as soon as it was publicly available. KISS was also present at the location where I played WWE Wrestlemania.

quote=ā€œSnailman, post:5, topic:936, full:trueā€]
Iā€™m sorry that you spent your time on WWE. So many other recent Sterns that are better.
[/quote]

I am studying and observing pinball design (and the players), so regardless of if itā€™s good or not, I think understanding whatā€™s disliked in a pinball machine is just as important as what people like, if not more so.

Wow, a lot of people are finding places to play them. I havenā€™t found any yet. Must be one of the Sterns the local operators have rejected.

I observe people who are unfamiliar with pinball, and I can say that anyone not used to pinball controls or pinball rules wonā€™t care. They might not even notice. Iā€™ve watched people play AC/DC, for instance, and most donā€™t even notice the FIRE! button: When the ball lands in the cannon, they just stand there and wait for the ball to be ejected automatically. I think the best thing to do is to allow them to start playing the second they press start.

Usually long enough to trap and make a controlled shot. Maybe 3-5 seconds? BDD told me that the higher the current multiplier is the quicker it will time out, but I didnā€™t notice that when I was playing. I feel like that only refers to the playfield x and not the shot x but I could be wrong.

For better or worse, you may find games configured both ways. I would hope (and suspect) my local operator rumored to be buying one will set the default to normal play (not casual). Youā€™ll have to hold the button briefly to see for sure on your first play, but maybe not afterward. Smart operators with lots of regular customers should do this. Weā€™ll see.

weā€™re gonna make sure all NorCal location GoTs will not be on stupid casual play :smile:

So, the shot multipliers are left orbit, dragon, center ramp, right ramp, right orbit.

Start at [1x, 1x, 1x, 1x 1x]
Make left orbit -> [1x, 2x, 2x, 2x, 2x]
Combo center ramp -> [2x, 3x, 2x, 3x, 3x]

So in essence, it advances the combo multipliers of all of the shots except the one you shot first. So you canā€™t left orbit all day long and jack up the multipliers.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that is correct!

One note on Baratheon. After you hit left orbit and dragon shots, the center ramp(Sorry I just canā€™t call it a left ramp when itā€™s right up the center) also lights, at which point you can combo the center ramp over and over to build the value, but I havenā€™t been able to nail down exactly how many shots are required to light the drop targets to collect. It may be at least 2 left orbits and 2 dragon shots.

One thing is for sure about Baratheon. You can add to the value big time but if you drain before you collect you wonā€™t have squat for a score. Like literally less than 1m points!

Anytime Iā€™ve done that mode itā€™s been build the value up at the left orbit, hit the dragon once, and then collect at left drops. Iā€™ve literally done two left orbits, one dragon, and then drops to complete.

Had an issue play the Stark battle (in alliance with Greyjoy ā€“ Iā€™d selected Greyjoy as my house at the start of the game). I looped the center ramp to its max value to 75M, but when I shot either of the orbits, Arya spouted off another person that she wants dead and no collect. :frowning: I played the mode three different times, and it wasnā€™t letting me complete it.

Next game, I chose Martell, and played the Stark battle ā€” no issue. It played normally with the collect happening on the first orbit shot.

Anyone else seen this?

Yes I encountered that yesterday. Next ball though it worked fine.

I noticed if you are playing extra balls that it is MUCH better strategy to not spend your gold since that is factored into your bonus. By the end of the game my bonus was in the 300M range at 20x

It happened on my game as well. But as was said, it was a one ball thing. Started and played Stark on ball 2 in alliance with Greyjoy and seemed to work fine.