Once again thanks to everyone who supported First State Flippers and Delaware pinball in 2018! Without you, none of this exists. As 2018 comes to a close, I wanted to get dates out to everyone as soon as possible for everything we have planned in 2019. Once again we will be holding 6 “Delaware Tour Events” that will end will the Delaware Tour Championship. Same stipulations will apply for 2019, meaning you must play in at least 3 “Tour Events” and finish the year inside the top 40 in order to qualify for the Tour Championship.
In addition to those events we currently have 2 special events planned. The first is the February Flip Frenzy tournament which uses a different style of qualifying. Basically it’s non-stop pinball action for 3 hours where you will play head to head pinball and will end up playing about 25 matches. At the end of the 3 hours of qualifying the top 8 will advance to the Finals.
And then in October, First State Flippers is going to host Delaware’s first ever 24 hour pinball event. I expect this event to sell out fast, so stay tuned for the official announcement of when tickets will go on sale for this epic event!
This is a just a brief overview of what we have in store for 2019. More details will be released in early January.
- Event #1 - IFPA SCS on 1/19 at Joe Fox’s House. Tournament starts at 12pm, doors open at 11am for practice. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
- Event #2 - February Flip Frenzy on 2/2 at Mike’s house. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
- Event #3** - March Madness, Initial date will be 3/30 at that Starboard Restaurant in Dewey Beach. HOWEVER, should Joe Fox Jr, Mike Veith, or Chad Hastings win the IFPA SCS tournament in January, the date will be moved to 3/9 at Chad’s house
- Event #4 - April Affray on 4/27 at Mike’s house
- Event #5 - June Jam on 6/8 at Joe’s house
- Event #6 - July Jubilation on 7/20 at Mike’s house
- Event #7 - September Showdown on 9/14 at Chad’s house
- Event #8 - October 24 Hour Legacy of the Beast Battle on 10/19 at Chad’s house
- Event #9 - November Nefarious on 11/2 at Joe’s house
- Event #10 - Tour Championship on 12/7 - location to be determined
Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2019! Thank you!
First State Flippers