First State Flippers - **Registration CLOSED!!! for the 6 Tour Events**

All,

Once again thanks to everyone who supported First State Flippers and Delaware pinball in 2018! Without you, none of this exists. As 2018 comes to a close, I wanted to get dates out to everyone as soon as possible for everything we have planned in 2019. Once again we will be holding 6 “Delaware Tour Events” that will end will the Delaware Tour Championship. Same stipulations will apply for 2019, meaning you must play in at least 3 “Tour Events” and finish the year inside the top 40 in order to qualify for the Tour Championship.

In addition to those events we currently have 2 special events planned. The first is the February Flip Frenzy tournament which uses a different style of qualifying. Basically it’s non-stop pinball action for 3 hours where you will play head to head pinball and will end up playing about 25 matches. At the end of the 3 hours of qualifying the top 8 will advance to the Finals.

And then in October, First State Flippers is going to host Delaware’s first ever 24 hour pinball event. I expect this event to sell out fast, so stay tuned for the official announcement of when tickets will go on sale for this epic event!

This is a just a brief overview of what we have in store for 2019. More details will be released in early January.

• Event #1 - IFPA SCS on 1/19 at Joe Fox’s House. Tournament starts at 12pm, doors open at 11am for practice. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
  • Event #2 - February Flip Frenzy on 2/2 at Mike’s house. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
  • Event #3** - March Madness, Initial date will be 3/30 at that Starboard Restaurant in Dewey Beach. HOWEVER, should Joe Fox Jr, Mike Veith, or Chad Hastings win the IFPA SCS tournament in January, the date will be moved to 3/9 at Chad’s house
  • Event #4 - April Affray on 4/27 at Mike’s house
  • Event #5 - June Jam on 6/8 at Joe’s house
  • Event #6 - July Jubilation on 7/20 at Mike’s house
  • Event #7 - September Showdown on 9/14 at Chad’s house
  • Event #8 - October 24 Hour Legacy of the Beast Battle on 10/19 at Chad’s house
  • Event #9 - November Nefarious on 11/2 at Joe’s house
  • Event #10 - Tour Championship on 12/7 - location to be determined

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2019! Thank you!

Chad Hastings

First State Flippers
302-228-8988

Holy cow. Outstanding!!

First year was good for Delaware pinball. We want to be even better in 2019! Hopefully you can make a few more events in 2019.

Registration for our first official event of 2019 is now open! First State Flippers proudly presents February Flip Frenzy!

ATTENTION - Several things have changed for 2019 so please read over everything carefully. Examples, we are now capped at 40 entries. The start time has changed. Deposits have changed. Paypal email address has changed

Tournament Overview: First State Flippers will be hosting its first ever “Flip Frenzy” tournament on 2/2/19. This format was the hottest format played in 2018 so we have decided to give it a try as it sounds like a lot of fun. Be prepared to play a lot of pinball! As the Frenzy name states, everyone can expect to play around 20 games during the qualifying portion alone! Lastly, this tournament will be capped at 40 entries. You must submit a deposit of $20 to secure your entry spot, otherwise we will start bumping people from the wait list up to the reserved entries. Please use Friends & Family via Paypal and send to firststateflippers@gmail.com

Tournament Details:

When: 2/2/19

Where: 30107 Stage Coach Circle, Milford DE 19963 (Mike Veith’s House)

Time: 12PM SHARP START TIME (games will go on at 10am for practice and will turn off at 11:45AM so we can start announcements). Qualifying will consist of 2 sessions. Session 1 will go from 12pm to 1:30pm, and then we will break for 15 minutes. Session 2 of qualifying will go from 1:45pm to 3:15pm(no games will start after 3:15PM). Finals will then start as close to 4pm as possible to give people more time to eat/regroup/practice.

Cost: $35 ($30 will go to the prize fund/trophies/expenses and the remaining $5 will go towards refreshments). Deposit of $20 is required to secure your entry spot. Please use Friends & Family via Paypal and send to firststateflippers@gmail.com

Format: Flip Frenzy for qualifying broken out into 2 sessions. Session 1 will go from 12pm to 1:30pm, and then we will break for 15 minutes. Session 2 of qualifying will go from 1:45pm to 3:15pm(no games will start after 3:15PM). Games will be played in head to head matches with a queue system. If 40 players in attendance, we will have 16 matches going at once with 8 players standing in queue. When a match ends and after reporting a win using the Matchplay Events software, Player 1 will will now become player 2 for the next match against the first player standing in queue, who will now become Player 1. Player 2 from the previous match then moves to the back queue. At the end of each match the winner gets (+1) point and the loser will get (-1) point. After 3 hours of qualifying the top 8 based on “net wins” will move on to the “A” division finals(finals format TBD). “Net Wins” is determined by the number of wins minus the number of losses. Tiebreakers will be decided by “most wins” and “fewest losses”

Finals: To be determined still. We will definitely have the top 8 moving on to the “A” finals, but still deciding on exact format as well as having multiple division finals.

Format Rules:

1. Players may not concede the game prior to the start of ball 3

2. In the event that a registered player is late at the start of a match, that player will be moved to the end of the queue and will also receive a loss for that match.

NOTE - THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT. SEE PLAYER LIST AND WAIT LIST BELOW. Thanks to everyone for their support!

Current Player List:

1. Jetta Hastings

2. Marianne Pangia

3. Harry Jackson

4. Gavin Pangia

5. Rodney Comegys

6. Mackenzie Comegys

7. Callie Comegys

8. Vic Scelba

9. Rob DeStasio

10. Dennis Vallone

11. Anthony Vallone

12. Mike Veith

13. Nathaniel Gibson

14. Erik Ryan

15. Joe Fox

16. Joe Fox Jr

17. Dennis DeLong

18. John Hurd

19. Ken Rossi

20. Bill Richardson

21. Matthew Richardson

22. Dylan McGarry

23. Jason Burgess

24. Jerry Musser

25. Hans Musser

26. Brian Leblanc

27. Charlie Bucks

28. Lou Nemphos

29. Paul Pratzner

30. Becky Hastings

31. Ricky Hastings

32. Anthony Wojtkowiak

33. Nicholas Wahal

34. Rich Moon

35. Greg Poverelli

36. NYC Player #1

37. NYC Player #2

38. Corey Hulse

39. Corey Hulse Player #2

40. Pete Tsipouras

Wait List:

1. Connie Pratzner
  2. Frank Lane
  3. JoshPA
  4. JoshPA #2 (Melanie)
  5. Jeffrey Mack
  6. Paul Frie
  7. Tom Langley
  8. Beck Gusler
  9. Matt Gusler

All,

Quite a bit to cover in this email/post, but please take your time and read everything, especially the announcement regarding the open registration date & time for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19.

First and foremost, Happy New Year to everyone! The survey results are in and are listed below. Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey, we appreciate your feedback.

1. Cap the events? 50% voted to cap the events between 36-40 players, while 35% voted to have no cap. First State Flippers has decided that the “Tour Championship” events will be capped at 40 people. Other events like Flip Frenzy or the 24-hour event may use a different #.

2. Trophies or plaques? 72% voted to keep trophies, 28% said plaques. First State Flippers will continue handing out trophies, especially unique ones!

3. Pizza or a variety of food? 58% voted pizza, and 42% voted variety. First State Flippers will leave the food choices up to the person hosting the event.

4. General Feedback - I will just share a few of them. One person said keep making the relish dip. Another person said to allow “practice” during rounds. Another person suggested expanding the A/B divisions. Another person suggested trying a different format for the “tour championship”. And we also had numerous responses saying they enjoy the Delaware events and love how the events are run.

First State Flippers will continue to make the relish dip. We will also continue to let players “practice” during rounds. We have decided to expand the “B” division to include places 9th through 24th along with a new finals format for the “B” division. We are undecided at this time as to what format will be used for the “tour championship”.

Now on to the tournament information regarding the 24 hour event as well as the 6 “tour events”. On January the 20th, at 12pm eastern, open registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. I have had lots of people tell me they are highly interested in attending this event and I expect it to sell out pretty fast, so please make sure you set your alarms and reminders for 1/20 at 12pm! Below are the initial details we have ready at this time, full details should be ready once the event registration goes live on 1/20.

• The event registration process will be hosted by Eventbrite. I encourage everyone to go create an account now to help streamline the process, as you will have to create one during the ticketing process if you do not already have an account.

• On 1/20 at 12pm, I will post a website URL on Facebook and via email to the Eventbrite webpage. The ONLY way to register for this event is by securing your tickets through the Eventbrite website

• Event will be limited to 42 players* (*6 spots will be reserved for the TD’s, so total number of players for the event will be 48 if it sells out)

• You will only be allowed to add 2 tickets maximum to your cart

• Cost of the event will be $80 per person and the full amount must be paid within 48 hours to reserve your spot via PayPal using the Friends & Family option or else you will lose your spot in line. ALL payments should be sent to firststateflippers@gmail.com. If your spot is not paid within 48 hours, your tickets will be released to the wait list if we have one, otherwise you will have to re-register to secure your spot(s) or join the wait list

• Full Refunds, provided we can fill your spot, will be available until August 31st. 50% Refund after that until September 30th. 25% Refund until October 12th. No refunds after that.

• Doors will open at 10am and the tournament will begin sharply at 11am

• Location is at Chad & Marianne’s house

• Format will be 4-player group match play with no finals

• FULL DETAILS will be released on 1/20.

Lastly, the 6 “tour championship” events will have open registration starting around 4pm on 1/20. More details for the “tour championship” events will be posted on 1/20 as well. Again, the First State Flippers is thankful for your support in making these events successful. We are excited for 2019 and looking forward to seeing everyone!

A friendly reminder about the upcoming registration for the 24-hour event in Delaware.

On January the 20th, at 12pm eastern, open registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. I have had lots of people tell me they are highly interested in attending this event and I expect it to sell out pretty fast, so please make sure you set your alarms and reminders for 1/20 at 12pm! Below are the initial details we have ready at this time, full details should be ready once the event registration goes live on 1/20.

• The event registration process will be hosted by Eventbrite. I encourage everyone to go create an account now to help streamline the process, as you will have to create one during the ticketing process if you do not already have an account.

• On 1/20 at 12pm, I will post a website URL on Facebook and via email to the Eventbrite webpage. The ONLY way to register for this event is by securing your tickets through the Eventbrite website

• Event will be limited to 42 players* (*6 spots will be reserved for the TD’s, so total number of players for the event will be 48 if it sells out)

• You will only be allowed to add 2 tickets maximum to your cart

• Cost of the event will be $80 per person and the full amount must be paid within 48 hours to reserve your spot via PayPal using the Friends & Family option or else you will lose your spot in line. ALL payments should be sent to firststateflippers@gmail.com. If your spot is not paid within 48 hours, your tickets will be released to the wait list if we have one, otherwise you will have to re-register to secure your spot(s) or join the wait list

• Full Refunds, provided we can fill your spot, will be available until August 31st. 50% Refund after that until September 30th. 25% Refund until October 12th. No refunds after that.

• Doors will open at 10am and the tournament will begin sharply at 11am

• Location is at Chad & Marianne’s house

• Format will be 4-player group match play with no finals

• FULL DETAILS will be released on 1/20.

Also want to thank Rage Tilt Pinball for creating a new logo for First State Flippers! Thanks Rage!

14 tickets left. Better snap then up now before they are gone. Thanks for all the interest so far!

Eventbrite link to secure tickets:

Full details located our Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/827768690893995/

It’s official. Registration is now open for all 6 “Delaware Tour Events”. NOTE - all events are capped at 40 entries. To reserve your spot, follow the same process as last year, send $20 via Friends & Family PayPal to firststateflippers@gmail.com

PLEASE include the event name in your PayPal notes.

NOTES - March event is now officially on 3/9. Also the April and July events start 1 hour early.

PLEASE STOP SENDING DEPOSITS, ALL 6 TOUR EVENTS ARE SOLD OUT FOR 2019.

First, I’m totally humbled by the support and love that everyone is showing for First State Flippers and Delaware Pinball. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support. I really didn’t think all the Tour events for the entire year would sell out in 3 hours. It’s crazy. In fact we over sold by quite a few spots, and we decided to move the CAP to 48 players just so we don’t have to turn away so many people. I’m still sorting things out in the order that I received PayPal payments, once I have it all sorted I will unfortunately have to refund about 3 people as it stands and put you on the wait lists. My apologies. Again, I had no idea they would sell out this fast. Thanks again!

1/23/19 UPDATE - We have 4 tickets left for the 24-hour event.