First State Flippers Presents - Event 4 Recap - Wedding Proposal! Bowden Repeats! 4 kids!

What an event! This one will go down in the record books as one to remember! Lots of first time players. Lots of players playing in their first, First State Flippers event. 4 kids in this event! And our first repeat (not back to back) winner in the short history of First State Flippers events, Steve Bowden!!! And a wedding proposal at a pinball tournament!!!

Full recap tomorrow. Quick details below.

A Division

1. Steve Bowden - $325
  2. Rick “The Prince of Pinburgh” Prince - $175
  3. Joe Fox JR - $100
  4. Nathaniel Gibson - $75
  5. Harry Jackson - $50

B Division

1. Chad Hastings - $150
  2. Jody Jodon - $75

C Division

1. Erik Ryan - $75
  2. Rob DeStasio

The Proposal! She said yes!

Congrats!

Thanks! It’s been 5 years in the making!

Aww. Super cute and happy for you both. Cheers from Seattle!

Thanks Flash!

Thanks again for putting together such an awesome event! First State Flippers events are always top-notch and I have a blast in every one I play. It was an honor to be a part of such a special moment yesterday with the proposal! Congrats!! Can’t wait for the next event!

Thanks Harry! It was good seeing you at the top yesterday! You’ve been close several times, congrats on the 5th place finish which will definitely secure you a spot in the Delaware Tour Championship and will probably put you close to the top 16 for States!!!

August Annihilation (event #4 in the circuit) is now in the books! A big thanks goes out to all 46 people who attended yesterday’s event. Without your support these events don’t happen! I hope everyone had a blast yesterday. The tournament started on time, and ran smooth throughout the day. Congratulations to all of the winners as well!! Once again we had some new faces collecting cash at this event and we had 11 new players attending a Delaware Pinball tournament for the first time!!! We also had a memorable event take place at Event #4, Chad Hastings popped the big question to Marianne Pangia after Round 5 of qualifying, she said YES! Event #5 is on 10/6 in Magnolia, DE at Chad Hastings house and that event is sold out. Event 6 is also sold out. Lastly, IFPA results were submitted this morning.

Also, I want to make sure everyone that participates in a First State Flippers tournament is fully aware of the breakdown of the money received for the tournament. I want everything to be transparent.

As mentioned before, $4 from each entry paid is being set aside for the prize fund for the “Delaware Tour Championship” that will be held after the original 6 events are completed. The Tour Championship date is set in stone and will take place on 12/1 with the location to be determined. We collected $184 from the August Annihilation event and that now brings the total after 4 events to $680!!!

We also held another 50/50 raffle drawing during event #4. The purpose of the 50/50 raffle is to take half of the proceeds and put that aside for the winner of the Delaware State Championship Series. First State Flippers will help “sponsor” the winner of the SCS and whatever money we take in from the 50/50 will go to that person to help cover expenses, flight, lodging, etc to attend the Nationals in Las Vegas next year. We sold $160 in 50/50 tickets at Event #4 with Vic Scelba being the winner and collecting $80. After 4 events we have now raised $332 from the 50/50 raffle!

Final overall results are posted below. In addition to that I have updated the Delaware Tour Championship standings and posted those results as well. Currently Joe Fox Jr is still our #1 seed after 4 events. PLEASE REMEMBER that in order to qualify for the Delaware Tour Championship you have to attend 3 of the 6 events PLUS finish inside the top 32 after all 6 events are completed.
-Chad
First State Flippers

FINAL OVERALL STANDINGS:
1,Steven Bowden
2,Rick Prince
3,Joe Fox Jr
4,Nathaniel Gibson
5,Harry Jackson
6,Mike Veith
7,Brian LeBlanc
8,Howard Dobson
9,Chad Hastings