First State Flippers Delaware Tour Championship 2019 ***RESULTS & RECAP***

All,

Once again thanks to everyone who supported First State Flippers and Delaware pinball in 2018! Without you, none of this exists. As 2018 comes to a close, I wanted to get dates out to everyone as soon as possible for everything we have planned in 2019. Once again we will be holding 6 “Delaware Tour Events” that will end will the Delaware Tour Championship. Same stipulations will apply for 2019, meaning you must play in at least 3 “Tour Events” and finish the year inside the top 40 in order to qualify for the Tour Championship.

In addition to those events we currently have 2 special events planned. The first is the February Flip Frenzy tournament which uses a different style of qualifying. Basically it’s non-stop pinball action for 3 hours where you will play head to head pinball and will end up playing about 25 matches. At the end of the 3 hours of qualifying the top 8 will advance to the Finals.

And then in October, First State Flippers is going to host Delaware’s first ever 24 hour pinball event. I expect this event to sell out fast, so stay tuned for the official announcement of when tickets will go on sale for this epic event!

This is a just a brief overview of what we have in store for 2019. More details will be released in early January.

• Event #1 - IFPA SCS on 1/19 at Joe Fox’s House. Tournament starts at 12pm, doors open at 11am for practice. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
  • Event #2 - February Flip Frenzy on 2/2 at Mike’s house. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
  • Event #3** - March Madness, Initial date will be 3/30 at that Starboard Restaurant in Dewey Beach. HOWEVER, should Joe Fox Jr, Mike Veith, or Chad Hastings win the IFPA SCS tournament in January, the date will be moved to 3/9 at Chad’s house
  • Event #4 - April Affray on 4/27 at Mike’s house
  • Event #5 - June Jam on 6/8 at Joe’s house
  • Event #6 - July Jubilation on 7/20 at Mike’s house
  • Event #7 - September Showdown on 9/14 at Chad’s house
  • Event #8 - October 24 Hour Legacy of the Beast Battle on 10/19 at Chad’s house
  • Event #9 - November Nefarious on 11/2 at Joe’s house
  • Event #10 - Tour Championship on 12/7 - location to be determined

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2019! Thank you!

Chad Hastings

First State Flippers
302-228-8988

2 Likes

Holy cow. Outstanding!!

1 Like

First year was good for Delaware pinball. We want to be even better in 2019! Hopefully you can make a few more events in 2019.

1 Like

Registration for our first official event of 2019 is now open! First State Flippers proudly presents February Flip Frenzy!

ATTENTION - Several things have changed for 2019 so please read over everything carefully. Examples, we are now capped at 40 entries. The start time has changed. Deposits have changed. Paypal email address has changed

Tournament Overview: First State Flippers will be hosting its first ever “Flip Frenzy” tournament on 2/2/19. This format was the hottest format played in 2018 so we have decided to give it a try as it sounds like a lot of fun. Be prepared to play a lot of pinball! As the Frenzy name states, everyone can expect to play around 20 games during the qualifying portion alone! Lastly, this tournament will be capped at 40 entries. You must submit a deposit of $20 to secure your entry spot, otherwise we will start bumping people from the wait list up to the reserved entries. Please use Friends & Family via Paypal and send to firststateflippers@gmail.com

Tournament Details:

When: 2/2/19

Where: 30107 Stage Coach Circle, Milford DE 19963 (Mike Veith’s House)

Time: 12PM SHARP START TIME (games will go on at 10am for practice and will turn off at 11:45AM so we can start announcements). Qualifying will consist of 2 sessions. Session 1 will go from 12pm to 1:30pm, and then we will break for 15 minutes. Session 2 of qualifying will go from 1:45pm to 3:15pm(no games will start after 3:15PM). Finals will then start as close to 4pm as possible to give people more time to eat/regroup/practice.

Cost: $35 ($30 will go to the prize fund/trophies/expenses and the remaining $5 will go towards refreshments). Deposit of $20 is required to secure your entry spot. Please use Friends & Family via Paypal and send to firststateflippers@gmail.com

Format: Flip Frenzy for qualifying broken out into 2 sessions. Session 1 will go from 12pm to 1:30pm, and then we will break for 15 minutes. Session 2 of qualifying will go from 1:45pm to 3:15pm(no games will start after 3:15PM). Games will be played in head to head matches with a queue system. If 40 players in attendance, we will have 16 matches going at once with 8 players standing in queue. When a match ends and after reporting a win using the Matchplay Events software, Player 1 will will now become player 2 for the next match against the first player standing in queue, who will now become Player 1. Player 2 from the previous match then moves to the back queue. At the end of each match the winner gets (+1) point and the loser will get (-1) point. After 3 hours of qualifying the top 8 based on “net wins” will move on to the “A” division finals(finals format TBD). “Net Wins” is determined by the number of wins minus the number of losses. Tiebreakers will be decided by “most wins” and “fewest losses”

Finals: To be determined still. We will definitely have the top 8 moving on to the “A” finals, but still deciding on exact format as well as having multiple division finals.

Format Rules:

1. Players may not concede the game prior to the start of ball 3

2. In the event that a registered player is late at the start of a match, that player will be moved to the end of the queue and will also receive a loss for that match.

NOTE - THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT. SEE PLAYER LIST AND WAIT LIST BELOW. Thanks to everyone for their support!

Current Player List:

1. Jetta Hastings

2. Marianne Pangia

3. Harry Jackson

4. Gavin Pangia

5. Rodney Comegys

6. Mackenzie Comegys

7. Callie Comegys

8. Vic Scelba

9. Rob DeStasio

10. Dennis Vallone

11. Anthony Vallone

12. Mike Veith

13. Nathaniel Gibson

14. Erik Ryan

15. Joe Fox

16. Joe Fox Jr

17. Dennis DeLong

18. John Hurd

19. Ken Rossi

20. Bill Richardson

21. Matthew Richardson

22. Dylan McGarry

23. Jason Burgess

24. Jerry Musser

25. Hans Musser

26. Brian Leblanc

27. Charlie Bucks

28. Lou Nemphos

29. Paul Pratzner

30. Becky Hastings

31. Ricky Hastings

32. Anthony Wojtkowiak

33. Nicholas Wahal

34. Rich Moon

35. Greg Poverelli

36. NYC Player #1

37. NYC Player #2

38. Corey Hulse

39. Corey Hulse Player #2

40. Pete Tsipouras

Wait List:

1. Connie Pratzner
  2. Frank Lane
  3. JoshPA
  4. JoshPA #2 (Melanie)
  5. Jeffrey Mack
  6. Paul Frie
  7. Tom Langley
  8. Beck Gusler
  9. Matt Gusler

All,

Quite a bit to cover in this email/post, but please take your time and read everything, especially the announcement regarding the open registration date & time for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19.

First and foremost, Happy New Year to everyone! The survey results are in and are listed below. Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey, we appreciate your feedback.

1. Cap the events? 50% voted to cap the events between 36-40 players, while 35% voted to have no cap. First State Flippers has decided that the “Tour Championship” events will be capped at 40 people. Other events like Flip Frenzy or the 24-hour event may use a different #.

2. Trophies or plaques? 72% voted to keep trophies, 28% said plaques. First State Flippers will continue handing out trophies, especially unique ones!

3. Pizza or a variety of food? 58% voted pizza, and 42% voted variety. First State Flippers will leave the food choices up to the person hosting the event.

4. General Feedback - I will just share a few of them. One person said keep making the relish dip. Another person said to allow “practice” during rounds. Another person suggested expanding the A/B divisions. Another person suggested trying a different format for the “tour championship”. And we also had numerous responses saying they enjoy the Delaware events and love how the events are run.

First State Flippers will continue to make the relish dip. We will also continue to let players “practice” during rounds. We have decided to expand the “B” division to include places 9th through 24th along with a new finals format for the “B” division. We are undecided at this time as to what format will be used for the “tour championship”.

Now on to the tournament information regarding the 24 hour event as well as the 6 “tour events”. On January the 20th, at 12pm eastern, open registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. I have had lots of people tell me they are highly interested in attending this event and I expect it to sell out pretty fast, so please make sure you set your alarms and reminders for 1/20 at 12pm! Below are the initial details we have ready at this time, full details should be ready once the event registration goes live on 1/20.

• The event registration process will be hosted by Eventbrite. I encourage everyone to go create an account now to help streamline the process, as you will have to create one during the ticketing process if you do not already have an account.

• On 1/20 at 12pm, I will post a website URL on Facebook and via email to the Eventbrite webpage. The ONLY way to register for this event is by securing your tickets through the Eventbrite website

• Event will be limited to 42 players* (*6 spots will be reserved for the TD’s, so total number of players for the event will be 48 if it sells out)

• You will only be allowed to add 2 tickets maximum to your cart

• Cost of the event will be $80 per person and the full amount must be paid within 48 hours to reserve your spot via PayPal using the Friends & Family option or else you will lose your spot in line. ALL payments should be sent to firststateflippers@gmail.com. If your spot is not paid within 48 hours, your tickets will be released to the wait list if we have one, otherwise you will have to re-register to secure your spot(s) or join the wait list

• Full Refunds, provided we can fill your spot, will be available until August 31st. 50% Refund after that until September 30th. 25% Refund until October 12th. No refunds after that.

• Doors will open at 10am and the tournament will begin sharply at 11am

• Location is at Chad & Marianne’s house

• Format will be 4-player group match play with no finals

• FULL DETAILS will be released on 1/20.

Lastly, the 6 “tour championship” events will have open registration starting around 4pm on 1/20. More details for the “tour championship” events will be posted on 1/20 as well. Again, the First State Flippers is thankful for your support in making these events successful. We are excited for 2019 and looking forward to seeing everyone!

A friendly reminder about the upcoming registration for the 24-hour event in Delaware.

On January the 20th, at 12pm eastern, open registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. I have had lots of people tell me they are highly interested in attending this event and I expect it to sell out pretty fast, so please make sure you set your alarms and reminders for 1/20 at 12pm! Below are the initial details we have ready at this time, full details should be ready once the event registration goes live on 1/20.

• The event registration process will be hosted by Eventbrite. I encourage everyone to go create an account now to help streamline the process, as you will have to create one during the ticketing process if you do not already have an account.

• On 1/20 at 12pm, I will post a website URL on Facebook and via email to the Eventbrite webpage. The ONLY way to register for this event is by securing your tickets through the Eventbrite website

• Event will be limited to 42 players* (*6 spots will be reserved for the TD’s, so total number of players for the event will be 48 if it sells out)

• You will only be allowed to add 2 tickets maximum to your cart

• Cost of the event will be $80 per person and the full amount must be paid within 48 hours to reserve your spot via PayPal using the Friends & Family option or else you will lose your spot in line. ALL payments should be sent to firststateflippers@gmail.com. If your spot is not paid within 48 hours, your tickets will be released to the wait list if we have one, otherwise you will have to re-register to secure your spot(s) or join the wait list

• Full Refunds, provided we can fill your spot, will be available until August 31st. 50% Refund after that until September 30th. 25% Refund until October 12th. No refunds after that.

• Doors will open at 10am and the tournament will begin sharply at 11am

• Location is at Chad & Marianne’s house

• Format will be 4-player group match play with no finals

• FULL DETAILS will be released on 1/20.

Also want to thank Rage Tilt Pinball for creating a new logo for First State Flippers! Thanks Rage!

14 tickets left. Better snap then up now before they are gone. Thanks for all the interest so far!

Eventbrite link to secure tickets:

Full details located our Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/827768690893995/

1 Like

It’s official. Registration is now open for all 6 “Delaware Tour Events”. NOTE - all events are capped at 40 entries. To reserve your spot, follow the same process as last year, send $20 via Friends & Family PayPal to firststateflippers@gmail.com

PLEASE include the event name in your PayPal notes.

NOTES - March event is now officially on 3/9. Also the April and July events start 1 hour early.

PLEASE STOP SENDING DEPOSITS, ALL 6 TOUR EVENTS ARE SOLD OUT FOR 2019.

First, I’m totally humbled by the support and love that everyone is showing for First State Flippers and Delaware Pinball. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support. I really didn’t think all the Tour events for the entire year would sell out in 3 hours. It’s crazy. In fact we over sold by quite a few spots, and we decided to move the CAP to 48 players just so we don’t have to turn away so many people. I’m still sorting things out in the order that I received PayPal payments, once I have it all sorted I will unfortunately have to refund about 3 people as it stands and put you on the wait lists. My apologies. Again, I had no idea they would sell out this fast. Thanks again!

1/24/19 UPDATE - Down to 2 tickets left for the 24-hour event.

2 Likes

First State Flippers first ever Flip Frenzy is officially in the books. A big thanks goes out to all 42 people who attended the event! We also had 9 new people attend their first ever First State Flippers event, I hope all 9 of you had a great time and I hope to see you at future events! IFPA results have already been submitted and final overall standings are at the bottom.

We held another 50/50 raffle drawing at this event taking in $155. Our winner was Nicholas Wahal and he took home a cool $78. The remaining $77 was dumped into the total prize fund package and divided up amongst all 9 payouts.

Also, I want to make sure everyone that participates in a First State Flippers tournament is fully aware of the breakdown of the money received for the tournament. I want everything to be transparent. 42 entries brought in $1470. $210 was removed for expenses. $42 was removed for the IFPA fees. $118 was needed for trophies and prizes. That left us with $1100 to disperse to all the winners(not counting the 50/50 winnings).

Congratulations to all of the winners as well!! Below is a list of the winners in each division.

“A” Division

1. Mike Veith - $385 + Monster Trophy
  2. Ken Rossi - $185 + 2nd place medal and a T-Shirt
  3. Harry Jackson - $135 + 3rd place medal
  4. Matt Gusler - $85 (minus $10 he lost to Chad on Rollercoaster Tycoon)
  5. Jerry Musser - $55

“B” Division

1. Dennis DeLong - $155 + Trophy
  2. Craig Powell - $80 + T-shirt

“C” Division

1. Jetta Hastings - $80 + Trophy
  2. Dennis Vallone - $20

FINAL OVERALL STANDINGS:
1,Michael Veith
2,Ken Rossi
3,Harry Jackson
4,Matt Gusler
5,Jerry Musser
6,Robert DeStasio
7,Matthew Richardson
8,Rich Moon
9,Paul Frie
9,Joe Fox Jr
11,Nathaniel Gibson
12,Victor Scelba
12,FL Ettlin
16,Craig Powell
16,John Hurd
16,Josh Sosnin
16,Tom Langley
16,Pete Tsipouras
19,Jeff Mack
20,Beck Gusler
21,Anthony Wojtkowiak
22,Dennis DeLong
22,Bill Richardson
24,Brian LeBlanc
25,Kyle Saul
26,Erik Ryan
27,Nicholas Wahal
28,Joe Fox Sr
29,Paul Pratzner
30,Anthony Vallone
31,Jetta Hastings
31,Becky Hastings
33,Marianne Pangia
34,Frank Lane
35,Ricky Hastings
36,Dennis Vallone
37,Brian Perlis
38,Connie Pratzner
38,Hans Musser
40,Melanie Cann
41,Charlie Bucks
42,Laura Perlis

Final 4 introductions!

March Madness 2019 is now in the books! A big thanks goes out to all 48 players who attended yesterday’s event. Without your support these events don’t happen! I hope everyone had a blast yesterday. We also had a few new players attending their first, First State Flippers event and we always welcome them to our events. Hopefully everyone walks away with a positive experience and at the end of the day I want all of you to tell your friends and other pinheads that First State Flippers put on the best events ever because that is what we strive for!

IFPA results will be submitted tomorrow due to some technical issues. After 1 event we raised $192 for the Tour Championship Prize Fund, and are 50/50 drawing was for $176, so $88 went to Mike Veith with winning ticket and the remaining $88 will go towards the Delaware SCS “sponsorship funds”.

For our Bounty Envelopes, we had all 6 bounty envelopes collected by the end of round 4 and we gave out a total of $35 in bounties at this event!

Next event is April Affray which is Tour Event #2 and it will be held at Mike V’s house. Please remember this event starts 1 hour earlier. Below we have a recap of the winners, final overall results, and the current standings for the Delaware Tour Championship after 1 event.

-Chad
First State Flippers

“A” Divsion Winners:

1. Eric DeStasio - $350
  2. Chad Hastings - $175 + T-shirt
  3. Rob DeStasio - $100
  4. Joseph Oesterling - $75
  5. Jeff Mack - $50

“B” Division Winners:

1. Pete Tsipouras - $150
  2. Mike Veith - $75 + T-shirt

“C” Division Winners:

1. Joe Fox Jr. - $75
  2. Nathaniel Gibson - T-shirt

FINAL OVERALL IFPA STANDINGS:

1,Eric Destasio
2,Chad Hastings
3,Robert DeStasio
4,Joseph Oesterling
5,Jeff Mack
6,Bob Choate
7,Matthew Richardson
8,Paul Frie
9,Anthony Wojtkowiak
10,Michael Veith
10,Koi Morris
12,Andrew Foreman
13,Pete Tsipouras
14,FL Ettlin
15,Beck Gusler
16,Anthony Vallone
17,David Schumeister
18,Dave Sharrar
19,Paul Pratzner
20,Brian LeBlanc
21,Chris Chow
22,Mike Myers
23,Joe Fox Sr
24,Marianne Pangia
25,John Hurd
26,Tom Langley
27,Joe Fox Jr
28,Brad Ladutko
29,Lou Nemphos
30,Dylan Mcgarry
31,Rob Thomas MD
32,Dennis DeLong
33,Nicholas Wahal
34,Charlie Bucks
35,Audrey Bonsignore
36,Dennis Vallone
37,Cindy Myers
38,Ken Rossi
39,Kyle Saul
40,Victor Scelba
41,Mike Germscheid
42,Connie Pratzner
43,Michael Reimer
44,Erik Ryan
45,Nathaniel Gibson
46,Bill Richardson
47,Jackie Himes
47,jeffrey shropshire

1 Like

Event #2 in the First State Flippers Delaware Tour Championship series takes place tomorrow, 4/27. Once again we have another sold out event!.

NOTE THIS EVENT STARTS AN HOUR EARLY

4/27/19

Cost is $35 per person with a $20 deposit required to secure spot

Practice starts at 9am and ends at 10:45am. Tournament starts sharply at 11AM.

4-player group match play for minimum of 7 rounds

Top 8 advance to “A” Finals using a modified PAPA format

9th through 24th advance to “B” Finals using a 2-strike group format

Remaining field advances to “C” Finals using a 2-strike group format

All 3 divisions receive trophies and prize money and points toward the year end Tour Championship

Estimated WPPR’s for Event 2 is 29.17

April Affray 2019 is now in the books! A big thanks goes out to all 48 players who attended today’s event. Without your support these events don’t happen! I hope everyone had a blast today and I appreciate everyone being flexible on the earlier start time so we could help out some fellow pinballers from NJ catch the Cape May Ferry home.

Today we had just one new player attending their first, First State Flippers event. Rob Dancu finally got a chance to see what First State Flippers pinball is all about! Hopefully everyone walks away with a positive experience and at the end of the day I want all of you to tell your friends, family, and other pinheads that First State Flippers(the best state according to the “stache”) put on the best events ever because that is what we strive for!

IFPA results will be submitted tomorrow. After 2 events we have raised $384 for the Tour Championship Prize Fund, and we had our biggest 50/50 drawing ever for $198. The winning ticket along with $98 went to Becky Hastings, while the other $98 will get added to the Delaware SCS "sponsorship funds". This now brings our “sponsorship funds” total to $186

For our Bounty Envelopes, we had 5 of the 6 bounty envelopes collected. The remaining bounty will roll into the next event. Congrats to all the bounty winners today!

Next event is June Jam, which is Tour Event #3 and it will be held at Joe Fox’s house. This event will have practice starting at 10am, and the tournament starting at 12pm.

Below we have a recap of the winners along with the final overall results. I will post updated standings for the Delaware Tour Championship Sunday night.

In closing I just want to say that First State Flipper events have finally become the premier place to play tournament pinball in the Tri-State area. We offer the biggest prize packages around for a “local tournament”, we offer the best atmosphere, along with the best WPPRS you can get for events capped with 48 people (we are now up to 29.5 WPPRS for 1st place and will be over 30 for the June Jam event). All of this is made possible by each one of you attending these events, so thank you for making First State the best state for tournament pinball!!!

-Chad
First State Flippers

“A” Divsion Winners:

1. Eric DeStasio - $350 + trophy (Eric is our first ever back to back champion. Note, I misspoke during the actual tournament, Steve Bowden did win 2 different tour events)
  2. Chad Hastings - $175 + T-shirt
  3. David Shumeister - $100
  4. Matthew Richardson - $75
  5. Paul Frie - $50

“B” Division Winners:

1. Rick Prince - $150 + trophy
  2. Ken Rossi - $75 + T-shirt

“C” Division Winners:

1. Pete Tsipouras - $75 + trophy
  2. Jetta Hastings - T-shirt

FINAL OVERALL IFPA STANDINGS:

1,Eric Destasio,37741
2,Chad Hastings,44015
3,David Schumeister,58486
4,Matthew Richardson,64593
5,Paul Frie,21668
6,Tom Destasio,37744
7,Joseph Oesterling,5324
8,Jeff Mack,48220
9,Nathaniel Gibson,22319
10,Audrey Bonsignore,22388
11,Ricky Hastings,56343
12,Matt Gusler,22503
13,Michael Veith,15020
14,Bill Richardson,64591
15,Michael Reimer,26567
16,John Hurd,9974
17,Rick Prince,52
18,Harry Jackson,53037
19,Tom Langley,66448
20,Robert DeStasio,37786
21,Rob Dancu,22916
22,Brad Ladutko,53364
23,Mike Germscheid,55348
24,Ken Rossi,7863
25,Dennis DeLong,35380
26,Erik Ryan,42730
27,Victor Scelba,60480
28,Rob Thomas MD,17477
29,Anthony Wojtkowiak,45750
30,Brian LeBlanc,51960
31,Marianne Pangia,48129
32,Kyle Saul,52184
33,Koi Morris,296
34,Gavin Pangia,51321
35,Nicholas Wahal,51760
36,Beck Gusler,22504
37,Joe Fox Sr,56342
38,Dylan Mcgarry,34672
39,Jetta Hastings,51315
40,jeffrey shropshire,32671
41,Rodney Comegys,62894
42,Pete Tsipouras,25230
43,Becky Hastings,56346
44,Charlie Bucks,2303
45,Paul Pratzner,64592
46,Connie Pratzner,64595
47,Chris Chow,34874
48,Rich Moon,56344

And for your viewing pleasure, here is a quick video of the Intro’s for the final 4 pinballers in “A” division.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=j_-psICTD5U

2 Likes

We have 1 spot left for Delaware’s first ever 24-hour pinball tournament. Field cap is now at 44 people instead of 48. Shaping up to be a great event. Contact me ASAP if you want the last spot. Event details can be found here:

We had custom Olympic size medallions made for everyone who plays every single round. Custom trophies are also on the way.

We have 44 people signed up for the first ever 24-hour tournament in Delaware. Lot’s of heavy hitters will be attendance! Follow along on Match Play at:

Also check us out on Facebook for updates and photos!

It’s official! The first ever 24-hour event in Delaware was a huge success, but of course I’m biased! Thanks again to all 44 participants, 43 of which played EVERY round!! Full write up coming tonight or tomorrow, but for now here is a list of the Top 4 finishers.

Congratulations to the top 4 and all of the Final Battle winners!

1st Place - Alberto Santana $850
2nd Place - Matthew Richardson $415
3rd Place - Nathan Eppley $200
4th Place - Eric DeStasio $100

3 Likes

Congrats Chad! While these marathon novelty tournaments are never going to be my cup of tea, provided nobody falls asleep driving home I’d say it looks like you brought home another winner. Those people in the photo not only don’t look miserable they look like they had fun! Nice work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the flattering picture Chad. :grinning:

I look about half comatose. :pensive:

1 Like

I’m probably more sleep deprived after working pinburgh than I am after running our 24 hour tournament.

What makes this a “novelty” tournament in your eyes. It’s not all that different than matchplay pinburgh. Just a different time schedule.

1 Like

Novelty:

noun

the quality of being new, original, or unique.

I’d say 24-hour tournaments fall under that purview.

Under that definition one would say pinburgh was a novelty at one point as well?

1 Like

One can say whatever they want.

I’m not sure what the point of this is?

I definitely read your use of novelty as being akin to a gimmick, and a bit insulting. Did you mean it that way?

2 Likes