Ha no thatā€™s it. Plus I donā€™t own one yet so no weekend attempts

2:34 best I could manage
Definitely need some good luck mixed with good skill to capitalize

video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/548691067

2 Likes

5 Likes

From Escherā€™s stream last night, hereā€™s the 1:46:648 run:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/568773498?t=1h5m37s

And as a bonus treat, hereā€™s a 9.2 billion game from last night as well with a 1.1 bil Visitor Center collect (Ice Cream Challengeā„¢ fulfilled, @sk8ball ) with the help of an insane 37 rescue streak all topped off with a When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth finish (added bonus for you ā€œpuristsā€ out there - no death saves in this one!). Game takes about an hour to play.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/568773498?t=0h9m0s

I expect weā€™re going to see a LOT of streamed pinball wizard modes in the coming weeks for those fortunate enough to have games at home.

I hope that everyone stays well,

Escherā€™s Dad

12 Likes

@Steveo nice job. Especially on that incredible 9.2 billion game. Now here is something to shoot for. I actually did this a few tries after the 1:49 time. I had it for backup cause I knew you were gonna beat that 1:49 lol. I swear the glass was on for this. I need to get some streaming equipment going.

5 Likes

Love that speedrunning is being implemented into newer games like this! I think itā€™s one of the funnest ways to play pinball.

That is incredible! Nice job. This seems like itā€™s very close to a perfect run with good luck. How much faster do you think it could it possibly be done?

Boo no 10bil? No Super inlanes? No Chaos super? try again :wink:

8 Likes

Iā€™m curious what kind of times (if any) people are seeing on location. Attract mode screen shows top 3 times. I ask because Iā€™m the only one in my area that has completed one. Other two fast times are default.

My time is a crappy 6:02, but my story is I intentionally took longer. Game costed me $1. I got as much time as I could out of it and still completed the task. When things get going again, we should have a contest to see who can get the longest time and still complete the run (on location only). Winner gets the Miser Trophy.

4 Likes

@sk8ball Iā€™ve put some epic games up on route and still havenā€™t been close to the chaos super. I enjoy that you made it difficult and practically impossible to do on the fly. @ANM, have you pulled this off with your play style? I would love to see it if you ever make your way back to Prairie Village. :crazy_face:

Last night I pulled this six way combo off but no fossilā€¦ S, H, Spinner, A, tower, Oā€¦ drop catch on the O to inner orbit for a 7 way! Did the skateball drop catch from spinner to left flipper. I should have received credit for the fossil right? I didnā€™t hit any additional switches. How about a ridiculous award for a seven way combo even with the inner orbit and O counting as one loop?

Keith, a non trivial request -

Any possibility of adding the option in the menu to set the the randomness of Escape Nublar?

Maybe:

• Random per game
    ** Works like it does now

• Static per session
    ** All Escape nublar use the same random seed until power cycled

• Static Seed
    ** Let the user enter a specific seed number to force all Escape Nublar to that same random until the setting is changed.

Would love to see the possibility of using Escape Nublar as a Heads Up challenge where the randomness can be flattened for players on different machines (Static Seed). Or, for a player to post a speed run time and challenge others to beat it on the same seed.

I understand the want for randomness and do enjoy it, but it would be great to have options to eliminate it as well :slight_smile:

one can dreamā€¦

8 Likes

It would seem that to get the best possible Escape time, youā€™d have to Escape Nublar during a regular game where youā€™ve played perfect paddocks up right(*) side of the island. This should leave you nothing but positioning the truck pointing left, shooting red shot(s) and the left ramp to escape for each paddock, plus the hurryup. Has anyone achieved this setup yet, and if so, what was your time? (I havenā€™t watched the video just posted, was it done then?)

(*) Right side is marginally easier IMHO because you can knock the truck into the (correct to escape) left position with the UR flipper, but not to the right-facing position for left-side escapes. 3 flippers available to fix truck mistakes rather than 2.

One question: If you play a paddock with, say, 5 rescues and 2 failuresā€¦ do you get a 2nd chance at the failures on the way out or do they stay eateā€¦ er, failed?

1 Like

Will have to re-submit request when I am allowed back into the office :wink:

I havenā€™t as yet seen an escape with all the paddocks cleared (not just the 4 given you at the start), has anyone achieved this yet?

also, my last shot at ā€œCā€ when i hit that shot and the red arrows lit, it instantly gave me a pass on the red arrows and lit the left ramp to end paddock. Not sure if ball bounced up and hit raptor target if it was the actual C shot as well so gave me double credit? not sure.
my first 2 shots at game start were helipad and C shot, so that is of course easier then giving someone the right loop and right ramp shots at start. i was at 7 seconds clearing first paddock so that helped. i short plunged from the start so no timer till first shot.Too many variables in head to head at this point to see who has the best speed (of course physical set up) as well) IMO unless menu can make em equal shot wise and red collect wise (red collect on raptor target and chaos multiball target are tuffies). My previous highs were 2:30, then 1:39 or something. My helipad rejects a lot from shots. a couple other times i was between 1:20 and 1:40 with helipad last shot lit but helipad last collect shot to end mode rejected a couple times.