Dialed In!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I thought it was a nice diversion from email privacy issues. :smirk:

5 Likes

Should that be turned off for comp play? You know its coming (lasers are flying at you, with a generous enough speed), and you can stop it from happening by shooting back, while also scoring a SJP in the process. Pretty sure thats the only way to know where your SJP is, too.

2 Likes

true enough but harder to discuss for those of us that haven’t actually played it :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty sure you’re joking with this, and that @Cornelius missed that it was a joke. Tilt Forums is not limited to discussions about competitive play, but sometimes it seems that way :wink:

What, you don’t want your flipper messed with during play?? Why not? It’ll happen and the player will just declare a major malfunction…

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on your justification for this stance? It’s very clear what will happen (once you know the gag). Does GOT offer a similar option for WIH? Is WOZ now disqualified because it weakens flippers or makes them no-hold? Is the crystal ball exploit penalty now a death knell for tournament use?

6 Likes

I’m with @Keefer on this one. As long as the game is functioning as the designers intended, I think it’s legit. If you don’t like a game for whatever reason, don’t include it in your tournament, that’s TD prerogative.

4 Likes

If this feature were controlled by the opposing player it would be even more legit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. This is pretty standard on all animations on all machines, I’d say. It was true on Dialed In.

What Stepan says above is true about fair warning your flipper is going to be disabled if you don’t do something about it.

2 Likes

I was poking fun at the derailed pinsidey thread … Figured it was the easiest way to try and pull in competitive discussion :slight_smile:

(Looks like it worked)

I don’t have a problem with it. I would just include it on the list like WOZ or GOT and scratch my head at why you would ever intentionally want it to feel like the game isn’t working properly for players. Pinball is hard enough for casual players already, but that’s purely IMO.

1 Like

What other games feature a “Crazy Bob”? JY, JM,…

Is there some folklore to this term?

I think it’s just dorky 80s/90s humor, there’s also Bob’s Bunker in Road Show, but it’s probably also just in the vein of people like Crazy Eddie and Honest Ed’s.

Who dares to be the first to put a Quantum City alternative translite on the market?

In the case of JM, I believe it was actually from the movie.

I’m pretty sure this was made up by Williams. I’ve sat through the movie a few times (Dina Meyer), and do not recall Crazy Bob. Would be a bit much of a coincidence I think.

2 Likes

That is awesome if it is total coincidence.

Check out 3:40 of this https://youtu.be/UzRjtvMQds4

We’re on him.
He’s using a Sino-Logic 16,
GPL stealth module.
Crazy Bob’s Computer Shop…
5326 Sutton Plaza,
back room.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what to think about the following:

Road Show was released in October 1994 and has Bob’s Souvenir Bunker.

The film Johnny Mnemonic came out in May of 1995.

Just a heads up that we’re livestreaming Dialed In on Saturday from the JJP factory! Going live at 1 p.m. Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

11 Likes