Deep cuts of semi-useful pinball knowledge

also when EB is set to 0 it’s auto spotted

3 Likes

In Ripley’s (RBION) you can start RIPOFF with 3 balls instead of the normal 2. If two balls are locked for Multiball (yours or another player’s) and you start RIPOFF, it will launch the two locked balls instead of the single ball in the trough. Probably nothing you’d intentionally try to set up, but if you find yourself close, you might as well go for it. Also, jackpots in RIPOFF are 100k times the number of balls in play so you get 300k instead of the normal 200k per jackpot. And you can still get another Add-a-Ball from the scoop (and 400k jackpots). Once you drain down to 1 ball, if they were your locked balls you can still start regular multiball without relocking any more balls. Also, this only appears to work with RIPOFF, not the normal 2-ball modes (Africa, North America, and Antarctica).

4 Likes

will not add a ball when 2 are locked?

2 Likes

I don’t think it will give an add a ball in the normal 2-ball modes when 2 balls are locked. At least I’ve never seen it. I would think it would give you 4-ball multiball if you airballed into the third lock switch :grinning:

I know it gives you 3-ball “single ball” play if that happens in single ball play and I think that’s the only purpose for the third lock switch (to account for air balls or a malfunctioning diverter putting a third ball in the lock). I’ve seen an opponent get the 3-ball “single ball” play during local tournament play and I think the ruling was it was allowed, but that was years ago.

On Elvis, at the start of Video Mode, you can use the right flipper to determine which level you want to play the mode on. Level 1 is the easiest and the default and it goes up to Level 3. This can get you around 5 million on a good attempt, as opposed to about 1 or 2 million on Level 1.

I used to think that the level just increased when you made it through all five Elvis Gifts (which is pretty tough and something you shouldn’t go for) but nope, you can change it and nothing in the game tells you that this is possible.

9 Likes

A relatively poor level 3 Elvis video mode should still net you more points than a solid level 1 or 2 one

3 Likes

4.1 million seems to be the average whether you’re good at it or not.

not sure if was posted, but you can revive multiball on attack from mars if you are in the grace super jackpot, start martian attack, and get martian attack multiball, collecting the super jackpot will relight all the jackpots

5 Likes

You can score a Super Secret Skill Shot on Deadpool by plunging the ball to the left flipper, shooting the right orbit, and then making the SNIKT! to ramp combo. This awards you with 15 million base for the skill shot, a temporary +1x playfield multiplier from the SNIKT-ramp combo, and the Ninjapocalypse award from shooting the right orbit followed by the right ramp.

4 Likes

Iron Maiden: each time you collect a Level 2 Eddie card, it also gives you a +15M award to your current Power Jackpot Base value.

6 Likes

You can get the super secret from just sknit without going around the orbit, but the extra ninjapocalypse points are always a plus

There’s a specific name & display for this combo that isn’t the super skill shot.

On Spider-Man, qualifying a mode lights 2X shot multipliers, and finishing a mode lights 3X shot multipliers…

It is actually possible to light the 3X multipliers before the 2X is collected. The 3X does not completely override the 2X; rather, both are lit at the same time. The first strobing shot made will become 3X, then the next shot made will become 2X. So you’re not cheated out of a multiplier when this happens.

9 Likes

Heres a dumb one I found recently.
Getting 2 skill shots on BM66.
Plunge a top lane skill shot and let the ball drain, (ball save on) then quickly short plunge without hitting the orbit switch and the penguin skill shot will be available. This gives points and bonus x from each skill shot.

2 Likes

Starting with v1.60 Walking Dead score doesn’t roll until well over 18 quintillion.
(Thanks Lyman!)

3 Likes

What , the , heck

Awesome

I didn’t even know shot multipliers existed. Haha

There’s a bit of strategy when it comes to those, too, especially when it comes to trying to multiply the valuable side ramp shot. I like putting my 2x on the left orbit, and then putting my 3x on the side ramp.

I’m having trouble parsing exactly how this works. You qualify your modes and every shot is flashing for 2X, but in order to start/progress/complete the mode and light 3X, you need to hit some of those shots. Or if you finish a mode, all shots are flashing for 3X but you still need to hit some of those shots to qualify your next mode and get 2X shots flashing. Does this deep cut specifically apply to cases where you’ve already multiplied some shots, so you could use those already-lit shots to qualify/complete the mode, then hit still-flashing shots for 3X and 2X?

Example:
You already played a mode and have 2x on the left orbit from that mode. You then qualify another mode (Bonesaw) and start it on the left orbit. Since there is already 2x on the left orbit, your 2x will still be available. You finish Bonesaw exclusively from left orbits. Your 3x will now be available without having used up your 2x.

I don’t think it’s possible without already having multiplied shots, since you have to hit an orbit to start a mode.

6 Likes