In Banzai Run, it’s well known that completing the three “ABC” standup targets on Banzai Hill will double the value of the next Cycle Jump. But did you know that you can also double the value by shooting the captive ball, and then making the Cycle Jump? It’s true! And really impractical because you’re more likely to drain, but still, it’s an option.
2 is “max something” IIRC. Things like ramp value, chalkboard value, etc. Never got a display effect to display that, though. Of course, they’re all pretty stealth as-is.
And light extra ball when jackpot is lit!
Never noticed since I never shoot for it, heh. Good catch, though.
Also, for fun and profit, catch the ball after the jackpot and continue to shoot the captive ball for victory laps!
On Cirqus Voltaire, there’s a feature at the ramp called “Spot Marvel” that instantly collects one of the 9 Marvels required to qualify Join the Cirqus. Most of the time, Spot Marvel will simply give you credit for having completed the marvel without awarding anything else. However, a few marvels have different rules when it comes to this:
- The Boom Balloon marvel will also raise the Boom Balloon for the standard amount of time.
- The Acrobats marvel will also qualify Acrobat Spins at the orbits.
- If Highwire Multiball is the last marvel required to qualify Join the Cirqus, and the Spot Marvel shot that collects it is also the third lock for Highwire Multiball, an interesting thing happens: the game will display the Highwire Multiball intro animation, but only release one ball and allow you to start Join the Cirqus. After the mode ends, you can start Highwire Multiball and collect it’s marvel with just one shot! This is particularly useful later on when it becomes harder to light the Locks.
Another fact: most features can’t be stacked with Ringmaster Battle, due to how lucrative of a mode it is. But there’s one exception, and that’s the Side Show modes! Specifically, Go for the Hat Trick and Popcorn Mania. The former is actually a really bad idea because it’ll prevent you from making shots to the Ringmaster during Ringmaster Battle, but the latter might be worth the time and effort. Considering it’s a random award though, don’t be surprised if it just gives you “Big Points” instead…
what happens if you have stike an ark 1 away as well? and what rom? with what stacking setting?
This is not completely true, it is actually +1 and +2 base multiplier (from rollover lanes). Max is 5x for a nice 250m ransom…times a 5x playfield promotion for the 1.250b actual max ransom value.
Deep cut may be that you can do a right ramp - warehouse for a free jackpot if the ball trickles out of the gun during multiball start. Pull the gun during ball save for a free skill shot if you missed the first one.
Aha! That makes sense. I didn’t test the Triple Triple but it sounds like it would just be 5x… not quite as busted but still cool!
Dirty Harry is the coolest game
Forgot to mention the most important deep cut, tilt for an extra badge.
Is that why multiball is usually set to hard for tournaments? Same bug as TAF?
In TZ, when you have a ball on the upper playfield during powerball mania, you can trigger a jackpot by shooting under the upper left flipper. (And then you can still score the jackpot with the ball already on the upper playfield, so back to back 50m shots without needing to relight).
A lot of people know this. I just discovered for the first time last night that you can do the same trick with the Dead End shot, as it will also register a Powerball Mania JP when you have a ball on the upper playfield.
Maybe someday I’ll try to go for the trifecta: one under mini flipper, one in Dead End, and one via the upper playfield.
If I remember correctly hard is the way to go. The game should also be set to hard to light mode and don’t spot bullets in the left ramp.
SWEDISH PLAYER LIKES DIRTY HARRY . . . NEWS AT 11!!!
Sooooo . . . tell me your thoughts on Indy 500. Asking for a friend
There’s another variation of this. During normal multiball, if you shoot one ball into the piano and then quickly jam another one into the slot machine, you will get “JACKPOT DOUBLED BY POWERBALL”. When the game sees a ball at the piano and then one at the slot without triggering the prox in between, it assumes you used the powerball. Saw this happen at Pinburgh finals a couple years ago.
Acdc. No one goes for the triple MB, but if you do, there’s a cool feature I didn’t know about.
There’s a triple MB jackpot that lights at the bell after you collect one of each type of JP. Seems to be the value of the three jackpots combined and then some. You can definitely increase it. Maybe more JPs before hitting the bell. I was getting over 3mm for these before multipliers. Pretty good if you ask me.
Well, there’s one important thing: You have to hit the opto at the top (preferably without the ball going in) for any of those to register as Powerfield Jackpots.
There’s another case that scores, too. Balls ejected from the Gumball machine.
There is/was a situation that would cause a ball to get ejected early at the start of LITZ. I don’t remember what did it, but if it happens, get that ball up the right ramp immediately and trigger that top opto because every ball out of the Gumball will be JACKPOT… JACKPOT… JACKPOT.
These are on 1.4 ROMs with stacking enabled (not the home ROMs).
If Strike an Arc is one shot away, then it won’t start because Join the Cirqus cuts it off. Instead, the next ramp shot made after Join the Cirqus ends will start Strike an Arc.
I love this thread
No Good Gofers:
- Even if the Gofers just went into their holes, you can make a shot towards either ramp shortly after and either Bud or Buzz will taunt you. If you hit them during this time, the other Gofer will comment on the situation (ie. if you manage to hit Bud, Buzz will pop up and tell you about how he’s the only one who can hit him). You can hit the other Gofer during this period and quickly lower your total strokes by 2 instead of 1.
- If you manage to score a Hole in One off of the golf cart, and the cart shot is the one that will start Cart Attack (ie. every 3, 18, etc. hits), all scoring during Cart Attack will be doubled! This is a quick way to earn lots of points early on but considering how rare a rebound off of the golf cart into Hole in One is, don’t count on it…
- Speed Golf is the only cart award that can’t be stacked with anything else, likely because of how lucrative it is. If you make the final cart hit required to start Speed Golf during Multiball, it’ll simply be skipped with no compensation, so try and avoid hitting the cart until you’re back in single ball play.
Balls in the normal multiball lock always get released about 10 seconds before the gumball machine is emptied (about halfway through the intro display effect). You basically get one shot at it.
Some interesting rules with the “Wheel Values” in Safecracker that most people wouldn’t realize unless they used the awards in very specific circumstances:
- “Light Lock” typically spots all of the drop targets required to light the Lock at the ramp. However, if Lock is already lit when the award has been collected, it’ll virtually lock a ball for you. If you’ve already locked 2 balls and then collected “Light Lock” again, it will allow you instantly enter the board game through the main entrance. This can be helpful later on when you have to make shots to the dangerous left drop targets to light additional entrances.
- “Call Guard” either allows you to enter the board game through the main entrance or awards $100k. The chances of entering the board game are weighted severely higher at the start of the game compared to later. Along with this, if you collect “Call Guard” while the Alarm hurry-up is active, it’ll always award $100k. Don’t waste it!
- “Light Deposit Window” is a random award, equivalent to making the lit Teller shot. TNT Multiball can be awarded from the Deposit Window, and if it’s awarded to you during an Alarm hurry-up, the hurry-up will temporarily end and restart once TNT Multiball has ended. You could potentially get two TNT Multiballs in a row if this happens! Also, “Blender” is worth $50k, not nothing like you think it would be.
- “Disable Computer” supposedly affects only the timer until Sudden Death and nothing else, but this is false; activating this award during any timed mode (ie. Alarm hurry-up, Explosives, etc.) will freeze the timer for the mode ALONG with the ball save timer. Along with this, if you happen to collect this award WHILE the computer is disabled, 20 seconds will be added to the frozen timer.