Deadpool Rulesheet

Same for me. Coil Stops seem to be the thing that degrades quickest on modern Sterns, but Deadpool was particularly bad.

I think read somewhere that it has to do with the spring washers cutting into the coil stops, but I’m certain it’s also poorly made coil stops. Modern Sterns have always used spring washers and it was never this bad in the past.

Is there a reason coil stops switched from bolt on to riveted? I assume speed and cost. But the thought of being about to just change the nub is appealing.

I would imagine that the stronger modern flipper would work the bolt on stop loose quite quickly compared to an EM which to the best of my knowledge, would have been the last time a screw together coil stop was used.

I’ve rebuilt hundreds of flippers on all manufacturers’ pins through the late 90s and all the 00s and never had a problem with stops falling apart. Even the old stops with completely hammered nubs came off in one piece. It’s not rivet vs screw, it’s junk vs quality. You’d think after a couple years of early breakage Stern would find another supplier… this isn’t exactly a new problem :confused:

3 Likes

They’re not all the same style of coil stops. With some SAM games, the stops had a circle of copper colored material at the base. Those would leave copper dust in the cab under the flippers and failed pretty quick. The new ones don’t have that. Same manufacturer or not, they’re trying different things.

I suspect it has more to do with stronger single wind flipper coils. The 90’s games didn’t have single wind coils (most of them anyway). With single wind coils, the coil gets high power pulsed the whole time the flipper button is pushed. With dual wind coils, the coil is switched to low power once the EOS switch is closed. Stern briefly tried dual wind flipper coils at the start of Spike (WWE, ?), but apparently needed the extra transistors for more important stuff.

1 Like

Has the extra ball you got from completing two Quests been removed in the latest (1.00) code update? I didn’t see any notice regarding that in the readme-file.

My local Deadpool doesn’t award EB after two Quests anymore.

The EB was added in (PRO) V0.95.0:
- Extra Ball is awarded for completing the Megalodon and T-Rex Quests.

1 Like

Hahahahaha. Nice. Please tell me you have video of this.

On second thought… good luck trying to pull all of that off while maintaining a 5x Snikt PFx. It still seems OP with the multiplicative factor, but that theoretical scoring recipe reads as pretty tough to pull off without draining and without running out of PFx time on a reasonably difficult setup DP.

And now I’m going to try to do it next time I play. :slight_smile: Probably won’t get it at 5x, but even with just 2x, TRex turns into a juicy Quest.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying @timballs. I thought I saw something extremely strange with the scoring and might have/definitely jumped to a conclusion. I should have waited to get glass-off testing before making any assumptions, but it did seem that something was off when I observed it.

I’ll delete everything now and apologize for being over the top with it. I have to realize that the rules brain sometimes needs to be reined in before making statements and hope to catch up with you at NYCPC.

1 Like

The other alternative is just to play it after you have 400 weapons. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

was also curious about this. went after that for a week or so and when I finally finished both of them, no EB! this location is usually pretty up-to-date with code. wondering if setting or just removed?

I’m curious as to how the Colossal Jackpot scoring works. I’ve seen it get INSANELY BOOM-y (82M base) and was wondering how it works!

1 Like

I’m not getting an extra ball lit when completing both quests. Is this a setting or old code?
Started Megakrakaladonus Rex in two games and only ever got the extra ball for collecting weapons none for completing both quests. If I know that it’s old code I can contact the operator and he will update.

from the game code readmes, extra ball from quests was added in .95, megakrakaladonus was added in 1.0.

Game adjustments might be set to one EB maximum per game?

I stopped getting EBs from the Quests in a ROM-release. Can’t remember which one, exactly. It happened on both the Deadpools I’ve been playing.

I believe this was changed in the code without any notice in the readme.

Oh … EDIT: I posted this in a question a while ago:

BOOM button question: do earned and unused Booms from one ball carryover to the next ball? Or do you lose earned and unused Booms when you drain?

My local Deadpool carries BOOMs over, but it’s still on v0.81.0, so I don’t know if that was ever changed.

I believe BOOMs reset when in competition/tournament mode.

1 Like

Feature or a bug?

3 Likes