Can you remove yourself from a tournament after it starts?

Let’s remember to give Pinballz credit for having the event. They are trying to support the local pinball scene. If they truly didn’t care they wouldn’t put on events at all. We would have been there playing league anyway, they did extra work for our benefit.

3 Likes

Pinballz is an amazing place no doubt. Even if half of the games stopped working, there would still be 30-40 other games still playing. I just remember the glory days when pinballz was new and everything worked or was fixed promptly when something broke. We are incredibly lucky to have a place like pinballz when there are plenty of other cities that have no games on location.

2 Likes

I’d advise caution when deciding to lower your standards for what you will accept for location pinball. Very quickly you will come to accept “has some problems but still plays” and then your location will no longer have an incentive to fix them up because they are still earning.

4 Likes

As an op I can say there is little to no profit in operating a Pinball period. While broken games suck, perfection is also not really possible ether and the crap that stern is building with cabs that split, flipper buttons that do not last a year, etc really isn’t helping. Flipperz looks to have wisely diversified its coin drop. Ideally we like to see an avg game time of 3mins on our games, good Pinball players well exceed this, and if you have free games its far worse.

That’s fine but don’t get upset at someone because they are good at a sport. If their are to many replays then adjust them. Or better yet, set them to systemically adjust. Forget the setting but you can put it on to where it increases as they become frequent and decrease if nobody is hitting them.

Im not upset, its just the reality of operators, this is why you don’t see pins at most FECs. We have removed replays.