Cactus Jack's Silverball Showdown 2022 May 20-22nd

Back on the Stern Pro Circuit for 2022!

The Cactus Jack’s Silverball Showdown is a three day match play competition based on the Pinburgh format, with no players eliminated until Sunday. The tournament is open to players of all skill levels. All players compete in groups on Friday, with the quality of their play determining whether they go to A or B Division for Saturday. All players compete in groups on Saturday within their division, with the quality of their play determining whether they advance to finals. Qualifiers compete for the division prizes on Sunday, while everyone else may play in a consolation group knockout tournament. In addition to trophies and prize money, players will be competing for qualifying points for the Stern Pro Circuit.

Register here: silverballshowdown@gmail.com
Spots are limited, so don’t hesitate!

For details see the website here: http://cactusjackssilverballshowdown.com/

10 Likes

I’ve always had fun at this, thanks for doing it again! Hope to make it this year.

3 Likes

Registration for the Showdown is currently full. I will be building a waiting list to fill spots in the event of cancellations.

Thank you for your interest!

2 Likes

We have had some late cancellations, so there are a few spots left. If someone wants to jump in, send an email to silverballshowdown@gmail.com

Still some spots left.

Here is the tentative game list:
Modern
The Walking Dead
Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Ghostbusters Premium
Medieval Madness
Attack from Mars
Congo
World Cup Soccer
Corvette
Dialed In
Tron
Iron Man
Star Wars LE
Metallica
Rush
Iron Maiden
Avengers IQ
Jurassic Park
Godzilla
Wheel of Fortune
Demolition Man
Deadpool
Black Knight: SOR
Addams Family

Alternates/B-division: X-men, Kiss, Scared Stiff, Aerosmith, TMNT, Led Zeppelin, Monster Bash

Solid State
Meteor
Eight Ball Deluxe
Nitro Ground Shaker
Total Nuclear Annihilation
Fathom
Laser Ball
6 Million Dollar Man
Viking
Black Hole
Mars God of War
Ice Fever
Beatles
Flash
Sinbad

Alternates/B-division: Fireball Classic, Time Fantasy; Space Shuttle, High Speed, Cactus Jack’s

EM
Grand Prix
Captain Fantastic
Whoa Nellie
Card Whiz
Mars Trek
Jumping Jack
Moulin Rouge
Bronco
Golden Arrow
Atlantis
Spirit of '76
Olympic Hockey
Doodle Bug

Alternates/B-division: Liberty Belle, Big Hit, Dragon

4 Likes

Still a couple spots available.

Here is the Twitch link to our streaming partner for 2022.

https://www.twitch.tv/trytotilt_pinball

This year we are going to attempt to stream the qualifying rounds which given this matchplay format will be a bit chaotic to say the least. Hopefully we will be able to wrangle some commentators during qualifying which obviously will require a bit of a juggling act when everyone is actively playing their rounds.

A finals now streaming!
https://www.twitch.tv/trytotilt_pinball

3 Likes

My thanks to you, Chris and all who helped set up the stream. I thoroughly enjoyed helping with the commentary. Tell Chris I hope to watch him again soon.

1 Like

(reposted from Facebook)

Another Silverball Showdown is in the books!

I cannot express enough gratitude for all of the amazing people that traveled near and far to participate in the tournament. What a wonderful group! It felt like a 3 day pinball gathering/reunion with a side of fierce but gracious competition. I am honored to have been a part of it. Truly extraordinary.

You guys totally rocked it!

Ok, enough blathering. Congratulations to your 2022 Cactus Jacks Silverball Showdown Champion:

Mark Meserve!

2nd: Travis Murie
3rd: Robert Byers
4th: Chad Lower

Outstanding play gentlemen!

7 Likes

Thanks Shawn for putting on a great tournament! It was a lot of fun and the games were set up fine and worked great all weekend.

Congratulations to Mark for winning it all! I played him in the second round on day 1, and he had the worst luck of anyone I played all weekend. I think what seemed like 3 house balls on Supersonic followed by 3 very short balls on Star Wars, you know where the plunge goes into the outlane followed by the ball save plunge finding the outlane again. Looks like his luck evened out on Sunday and brought him the victory!

2 Likes