Agreed. Huge thanks to @KevInBuffalo, @Nick_BuffaloPinball, Jeff Becker and all of the people who made this happen.
I have not gone back and read my feedback from last year, but there where some things I know were better this year.
- Bathroom locked this year. No more surprises.
- Scorekeepers seemed more prepared.
- space around players was good. Well sectioned off.
Highlights for me.
- most of the games were great. Thanks to Bruce, I loved playing hotdoggin' and Big Game (and thanks to @LOTR_breath for the post tournament Big Game flipper skill tutorial). Main games played too good for people like me to chase the scores)
- Food trucks again a great success.
- Finals broadcast seemed to go well. Mike is really raising the bar on production. I was thrilled to get to be a part of it (thanks Kev for inviting me to commentate for a round) . I know there are still some coordination issues to work out, but I heard really good things overall.
- streaming classics 2. My wife always enjoys getting to see me play (and it is unlikely to happen in main)
- Very fun group of friends. Great time hanging out, playing pinball.
Areas for improvement.
- Route classics games. We played some broken games and had no replacements. Blackout with the flipper, BR with the tilt and audit thing, BK phantom tilting, space shuttle playing very long for this field. I love classics, but I don't think those machines were tournament ready.
- Hot Tip jokes. I have not gone back and watched the classics stream yet, but my wife commented that the hot Tip jokes were inappropriate. I know someone else mentioned on Sunday that they regretted telling their niece about the stream.
- very crowded and hot at the back. The setup was a plus and a minus. Great while playing. Bad while next in line.
- too bad qualifying stream didn't work out.
Overall I think the event managed to hold up to the Major designation. Great Job. I look forward to the Stern Pro Circuit event next year.