BK:SOR Magna Save

I think the function of the button is strange. Since ACDC we have ben taught that the button does magical
things. When you play BK3 it shines up in gold, shouting “press me!” And it does one thing.
For new players it must be quite confusing. If i owned it i would drill the cabinet.

Yeah, even a lot of non-novice players are instinctively hitting it when they drain. AC/DC and GoT have really trained people. It’s hard to even tell what’s happened when the magnet activates either. If you don’t already know what a magna save is, how would you ever figure it out?

The action button is rarely best used the second it lights up (nor as the ball drains), certainly not on AcDc.

AcDc - use as you drain out of MB (but only if you have enough to trigger add a ball)- or drain from last ball for a few pts.
ST - use to hit Vengeance at any time, but most efficient during Vengeance MB
TWD - awards a specific ‘hit’, but best used at specific times based on situation
GoT - Add a ball during MB if playing as Martell (or Greyjoy), or cheap pts at ball end
BM66 - awards a specific ‘hit’, but best used at specific times based on situation
Aerosmith - awards a specific ‘hit’, but best used at specific times based on situation
SW - turn on off shot multipliers, add a ball if qualified in MB, collect/destroy fighters
GotG - awards a specific ‘hit’, but best used at specific times based on situation
DP - awards a specific ‘hit’, but best used at specific times based on situation
Munsters - Cancel SJp and Zap awards
BK-SOR - magna save.

I’d argue that the only game where bashing it whenever it is lit, or flashes, would be Munsters - all others are situational.

JJP PotC is the one where you need to hit it immediately, when the flasher above mystery award flashes Gold.

Among tournament players you are correct. Among novices, I have noticed that people do exactly what you say they do not.

I didn’t say they don’t - I said they shouldn’t

Don’t forget “changes the priority mode/target of your button” as well. Usually great to use with the main MB so you can see the Villain/TV shots easier!

Really? So if you have no gadget, but multiple things running at once, you hit the button and cycle through which shots do what? I had no idea.

Kind of! It swaps the “active” TV when held, and only the active TV is targeted for Gadget hits (assuming the Villain is not gadget immune). Other mode shots do count, but the game chooses its shot based on the active TV.

I was under the impression that the button will award the shot corresponding to the Active TV, but also any other shots from the non-active TVs that are also on that same shot.