Batman 66 Rulesheet

Played a few times, it was all Combos [ramps] and Bonus X. The combos added 500K each to the bonus value, shoot them long enough and it dominates SJP values. As stated, can get ridiculous if you get hold bonus X to boot. Nothing special happened when I finished all 4 villains - should it? (Combos beat Villians playing 2-player games with differential strategy.) Seems like it would be in there.

1 Like

not yet. It will be Bat Signal mode when it gets programmed.

1 Like

Just got a 2x playfield multiplier from the mystery award yesterday… It seemed totally random as far as I could tell and it didn’t seem to have a timer associated with it either.

1 Like

really? I have not seen that one. When I had 2x on, a mystery did raise it to 3x and reset the timer, but there was still a timer.

1 Like

It’s possible I just missed the timer. It wasn’t obvious to me, but I wasn’t really staring at the screen either.

1 Like

A correction to make regarding the skill shot: Maybe it’s changed since the last time I played it, but the three white inserts on the plunger lane correspond to the three toprollovers: Top to left, middle to middle, bottom to right. The rollovers that become lit are based on which of the inserts on the plugner lane were lit when the ball crosses the switch and enters the playfield proper.

There’s a 6-step sequence as to which ones are lit: All three, then bottom only, then middle only, then top only, then bottom only again, then bottom and middle. This means the right rollover is the one most likely to be lit for a skill shot, though you’d rather time the plunge so all three are lit. To my knowledge, there isn’t any additional benefit to having fewer than all three rollovers available for the skill shot: You get the same amount no matter how many or which ones there are.

3 Likes

Added information on the Major Villains Wizard Mode introduced in code revision v0.70.0.

1 Like

Holy update, Batman! Thanks, @BrewinBombers for contributing, and welcome to Tilt forums.

1 Like

@BrewinBombers: is the game scoring still dominated by Bonus and BonusX with the 0.7 code?

1 Like

It’s significantly toned down from .69. The main problem with bonus in .69 was actually the combos. Combos were worth 500k in the bonus in .69 which really got out of control since a lot of people were playing Catwoman; Bonus X hold was more frequent (in my observation) in .69 mystery as well.

In .70 the bonus for combos has been halved to 250k, and it seems to have made a dramatic difference. I’m not seeing bonuses that are multiples of your score any more. That said, it’s a small sample size on my game.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them take it down to 200k per combo. However, there IS a bonus champion so, I suspect big bonuses are part of the desired game play. This also really penalizes those who are rough with the game and tilt.

2 Likes

It’s weird that there’s no bonus for a more difficult skillshot, such as hitting the rightmost lane when it’s the only one lit vs the leftmost (which it essentially defaults to on a full plunge) when they’re all lit.

2 Likes

Hey all, I was playing my local (significantly broken) batman today. Started up a game and the table doesn’t turn and the penguin crane doesn’t work so I decided why not combo. I discovered the true nerf to combo scoring that made bonuses so much lower. As far as I can tell in previous code an N way combo counted as n-1 combos for bonus at 500k each. They nerfed the value to 250k per combo but also made it so that 1 n-way combo is now worth 1 combo for bonus collect at 250k. Therefore it is actually better bonus wise to only ever go for 2 way combos. I’m not sure if this is a bug or WAI, but I feel it leads to more boring and slower game play. Going for combos now left ramp to scoop is way better than just ramping back and forth. I verified this by doing a 6 way ramp combo on a ball and in the bonus screen I only had 2 combos.

4 Likes

That’s a bug, no way that will stand.

Edit: Confirmed this bug btw. Big problem.

1 Like

The thing I find troubling is that it was previously not like this. Older code revisions used each combo in the bonus so it seems like a deliberate change :confused:

1 Like

.71 Released. Installing tonight to begin updating the sheet. New modes and Villain Escape Wizard Mode changes.

5 Likes

Looks like the combo bug is fixed. Not many other known bugs on my list were fixed. Many new features though that need to be added to the rules.

1 Like

No changes to the bonus this time. Scoring seems largely the same. Updated Joker, Riddler and Multiball sections to reflect the new rules.

Ball search bug being fixed is very welcome.

2 Likes

Added some important bug notes to mystery awards and ball lock gadget for anyone playing B66 competitively.

5 Likes

Folks, I was WAY wrong on Joker scoring and I’ll update the rules accordingly. I’d always played Joker first / second and thought I had it mostly figured out. I was very wrong. I don’t really understand it, but I know that what I put in the wiki was wrong. Playing Joker (and I presume Riddler behaves the same) later in the game rewards WAY more points regardless of the Batphone hurry up score. Once I understand, I’ll update again.

2 Likes

A couple of updates after the .80 release; I’ll keep working on it.

2 Likes