Batman 66 official. Two LCD screen and new toys.

Sounds a lot like clothing at department stores perpetually being on sale or having prices compared against a competitor’s when the clothing is in fact full price, and the non-sale price is used only to claim it’s on sale and the so-called competitor nonexistent.

I definitely understand the psychological effects of that. JC Penney once tried to do away with those sorts of tricks, and it flopped on them big time. Extra Credits did a brief video on what happened with JC Penney and the consumer state of mind. (You can watch the Firefall stuff if you’d like, but that’s besides the purpose.) So in this stance, I can now understand why Stern made the decision it did. Doesn’t mean I’m satisfied with it, but it does make more sense now.

1 Like

But please send in your deposit even though we always say we would never do the deposit model :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Also weird

Stern just announced you can apply to buy a Super LE.

http://www.batman66application.com/

Appears I was correct about a resell restriction.

Wow. This is absurd.
And yet, I’m guessing they’ll have a lot more than 30 people to choose who gets “bestowed” with a Super LE.

1 Like

** If you plan to sell the game in the first 18 months Stern Pinball has the first right option to buy the game back

This is pretty hilarious. Curious how they intend to enforce it. What about trades, etc.?

2 Likes

with a sales contract would be my guess.

Not sure about trades. I’m thinking it’s intended for anyone who would plan on flipping it as soon as they acquired it. Would be pretty easy to monitor the Internet for people trying to do so publicly. As for a private transaction among friends/neighbors… I doubt that’s enforceable.

I’d imagine they plan to “enforce” it by not selling that person the next super-mega-LE.

** Applications and videos become the property of Stern and can be used for promotion or testimonial purposes.

Can’t wait to see Kaneda’s video!

Does anyone know how much they are charging for it if you do in fact get picked?

15k for the SLE

too much for me! I will try a go fund me I guess if I really want one.

https://www.gofundme.com/2pg3b98

1 Like

Never underestimate the power of a cute cat photo.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is too late of a reply or not, but I just realized that this machine is the one that Stern gave the codename “Shark” to. As in the Bat Shark Repellent.

3 Likes

Genius. Nice sleuthing there! If it hasn’t been said before, “Toys” refers to Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith. That just leaves “Cinnabon” to sort out.

3 Likes

“Cinnabon” = Star Wars - Leia’s hair

4 Likes

Heh, so I was actually right? That’s a pretty nice feeling, considering most of my guesses (about anything) are wrong.

was there a list of upcoming stern project names that leaked out somewhere?

Yup. We got an email tip for the podcast a while back. The code names were:
Harold - Ghostbusters
Shark - Batman 66
Toys - Aerosmith
Cinnabon - likely Star Wars

1 Like