Batman 66 official. Two LCD screen and new toys.

SuperLe should be offered to the 30 customers who bought Wrestlemania LE.

13 Likes

Looks like it will be a fun game! I hope its at the Chicago Expo!

Why would it even be called a Premium edition if there is no Pro? Limited and Super Limited I can understand, but without a more normal edition, so to speak, the Premium edition would thus be the standard one.

It’s like how Starbucks calls their small drinks “Grande,” as if it means their smallest size is already big and it keeps getting bigger from there on out.

Or, as seen in Sesame Street, the Big Popcorn, the Bigger Popcorn, and the Biggest Popcorn.

2 Likes

Coming soon from Stern; the Double Super Premium LE, Triple Double Super Premium LE, and Triple Quadruple Super Double Premium LE Advanced.

1 Like

Super Duper Mega Extreme LE

Oh wait, that’s a Keefer thing :wink:

3 Likes

In line with Stern branded model scheme, it is a Premium because it features the full game design in terms of ball mechs and software. An LE is, well, an L.E. Premium with additional non-interactive gizmos and paint and chrome.

All this talk about the Premium is the new Pro only more expensive is nonsense. They just skipped the feature cut and cheaper Pro model for this release.

And the Super LE - it may be a 99.9% LE with just a little extra to mark it a celebration edition. No big deal.

I don’t understand. Why would a Pro model necessarily have to be a version with stripped-down features? What difference would it make if Stern just said there’d be a Pro model with no Premium, aside from sales from people who think they’re getting something special when they’re still getting the bottom rung?

Because then people would be pissed that Stern is charging 6,700 bucks for a pro. I like the normal model of Pro Prem and LE. I typically prefer the Pro models gameplay wise and enjoy saving the money. I’m sure operators do too.

1 Like

Just ignore the “premium,” “limited,” and other verbiage. That’s all marketing. Think more like Stern Pinballs = ice cream; different versions are “with toppings.” Some toppings are tasty, others not. Some toppings “go with” the underlying flavor, some don’t [guacamole on your vanilla, anyone?]. Toppings aren’t necessarily better, just means “includes more stuff.” Sadly, Americans have been trained for several decades now that “exclusive” and “more” = “better,” and too many buy based on image / ego / “I’ve got something you can’t afford” rather than whether or not the product is functionally superior. Buy or play the games that suit you because they’re fun. “Version envy” is beneath us.

3 Likes

I’ll just play whatever model PAPA decides to buy

OK. But to me, the Stern model program and verbiage is pretty spot on - and fair. Maybe “Premium” is a bit blush, when “Standard model” would be a precise term. But I guess it is OK.

“LE”. Yes, it is a special and limited run. Numbers given up front.

“Pro”. Yes, it is intended for customers operating games professionally.

It must be a pain to run design/production on three models. The Pro would be nice for them to get rid of (assuming profit on the Premium is comparable). But if there is market for these, why not,

The Premium is not a “mini LE”. Because it is not L.E. It is the standard.

Funny fact. The only guy in town operating new Sterns in public buy LE models only.

Nice. I wish the same could be said here (and many other places).
But I completely understand the business decision that an operator makes: will the LE result in enough additional coin drop to justify the increased price/investment? do I have the spare cash to invest in a more expensive model? Will the LE be more difficult to service & maintain? If the answer to any of those is “No,” then Pro will have a better ROI.

2 Likes

Remember that resale value is a not-insignificant part of an operator’s potential ROI as well. So even if an LE doesn’t out-earn a Pro on the floor, it is still possible to more than make up for it on the other end.

3 Likes

…and the one not making the photoshoot - a poor old game named Medieval Madness.

5 Likes

Is that at Bakken? Sure has changed since I lived in Copenhagen and it was a choice between a slightly broken TAF and a slightly broken WH2O…

It sure is. That TAF and WH2O is another fun one. Those games were the only pins there for at least 15 years. Until the place caught wind of modern pinball. And expanded the selection - a bit.

3 Likes

Oh FFS. I so badly wish I’d known about this place when I had a 7 hour layover in CPH last year!!!

Because those brand images have expectations of what that product will have and ignoring that simply because you eliminate a tier would just create confusion.

So I’m sorry if this is a stupid question but what do you get for the super le except a low production?

No one really knows. Weirdest game reveal ever.

1 Like