Avengers: Infinity Quest Rulesheet

Not surprisingly, @sk8ball and team have done a great job balancing them. Each quest has different nuances to increase shot values — see the rule sheet. To make any quest lucrative, get two portal locks to get 3x the scoring, and consider stacking on Iron Man or Thor MB to give longer period where you still have 3+ balls in play to maintain the 3x quest scoring.
And after successful quest, hopefully you already have your soul gem on a leveled up Avenger to re-cash a chunk of your quest points. See rule sheet.

2 Likes

Worth noting that it’s liekly by design that each Gem Quest scores roughly the same, since the trophy thresholds for gold/silver are the same for all of them (including Soul). That being said, there’s different ones I prefer based on my multiball situation.

If not in a multiball - Time, since the L/R ramp shots lend themselves toward combos building up to the next portal lock, and Mind, so I can better focus on building up the disc multiplier. Maybe Power too so I can better focus on critical hits.

If in a multiball - Reality, since balls are more likely to hit the disc to keep shots lit and/or at a high X.

2 Likes

Is there a list somewhere of all methods to light portal locks? For combo locks, does the number of combos needed increase for each lock?

1 Like

It’s in the rulesheet. I don’t know what the exact # of combos for each Portal lock, but the first one is 4 combos.

For someone that owns AIQ: take the glass off and record combos to create a section on Combo awards.

1 Like

Added the awards for up to 12 combos.

2 Likes

Updated Trophy section to include all 32 trophies… cough 31 trophies until Thanos returns

2 Likes

Sounds good, I didn’t know if there were any additional ways to lock. I’d come out of a portal mode with lock lit and wasn’t sure what qualified it; I assume now that I crossed combo thresholds during the mode.

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised, too, the first time I finished a quest/gem, and the disc opened up right away. I’m guessing the most common one will be due to combo threshold during the prior quest. You can also get the Computer bingo award for Portal during your prior quest… and I don’t recall if Hawkeye Challenge runs during a quest. I don’t think it does.

1 Like

An interesting thought - it sounds like it’s possible to light three portal locks during a Quest - say, crossing two combo thresholds and the bingo award. Unless it’s explicitly capped at two locks per quest, it sounds like you could light a third, and perhaps use it for 4x scoring?

Assuming 4x scoring is not the case, what is the fate of that third portal lock? Saved for the quest after your next?

1 Like

Max two portal locks. The third will carry over for your next gem quest.

5 Likes

@sk8ball any chance that a future update could show the player how many Portal Locks they have locked via playfield inserts once the portal disc has raised to start your next Gem Quest? Perhaps use the two Spin yellow inserts to show this?

Also, possible to show the player how many Portal Locks they have on the quest selection screen?

1 Like

should just be able to see the balls physically locked in the subway, no?
might need some lights down there to match locked balls? Especially if portal is disabled?

1 Like

Except if physical portal locks get removed by another player or a different multiball.
And there’s always the Pro.

1 Like

Pro already has the lights under the playfield to show portal locks, I believe.
I think premium/LE has RGB lights that turn green when there’s a lock… but might be a bug if portal is disabled

1 Like

Correct. Just a white LED that shows a ball is locked.

1 Like

I’ll look for any light indicators in the subway next time I’m playing. I didn’t notice anything obvious in the past in terms of lights.

It would still be very helpful to have the # of Portal locked balls shown on the quest selection screen, because it influences which quest you might want to do next in either the safety of multiball, or to enjoy the multiplied scoring.

Regardless, this game is awesome! Really enjoying it, and the strategy around gems.

1 Like

Fun fact: Getting a 10x jackpot in Black Order Multiball will give you an instant gold trophy :wink:

2 Likes

Yesteday I collected the soul gem and then replayed the power gem that I had previously failed. I completed the power gem, collected it, and placed it on the left orbit (Hulk) however my soul gem disappeared. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I know you risk your soul gem playing quests over if you fail them, but I completed the quest and even collected the gem. Seemed weird.

1 Like

Did you by chance happen to replay power gem as a multiball and maybe get victory laps? I think there’s a bug in that case where you will lose your soul gem (incorrectly). That whole aspect of the game is still a work in progress.

1 Like

I try to bring at least one portal lock into gem quests and start another multiball during them so I’d guess that more than likely that is what happened.

1 Like