Avengers: Infinity Quest Rulesheet

Please read the wiki rule sheet of this post, in the section on Power Gem Quest: “The shot values can always be raised at the disc, and once per attack at the spinner (lit solid red), allowing one spinner rip in between attacks to pump up the value. ”

1 Like

Tanks a lot, I have missed this section.

2 Likes

yeah my shaker motor brings it back to 6 also.

1 Like

Got to Battle Thanos, but the game was in a weird state where I couldn’t spell any strange letters. There was a stuck timer in the top center of the display. No amount of changing gems or anything (there was really nothing else to do) released the timer. (I reported the bug)

1 Like

Question about intended game design for @sk8ball that I didn’t see addressed elsewhere:

1. Is it the intention for the auto launch to go all the way around the ramp to the right flipper every time? I know nothing ever works 100% of the time, but I’ve seen a lot of people post on Pinside (me included) that the auto launch tends to not get up the ramp a majority of the time despite adjusting the pitch, power settings, etc.

2. I saw this posted on Pinside after people were posting about right outlane drains coming down from the black panther orbit: “
    Based on the streams from Raymond Davidson, shots that come down the BP Orbit should hit that rubber post and land nicely to the left flipper. Thats the way KED intended this shot to be.” Can you verify?

3. I seem to get a lot of SDTM drains from both the pops/Captain America lane and coming off the top flipper/tower if the top flipper isn’t held up. However, this tends to put the ball out of control; either into the right outlane area or right sling. Again, is this the design intention?

Thanks in advance if you see and answer this. It’s not often you can discuss these things with the designer!

1 Like

for #2 I can say that a premium should bounce toward the left flipper, but not necessarily right to it. Keeps you on your toes. On a pro, the lane guide should be smooth and should go to the right flipper / sling area.

I was playing on a goofy prototype Pro that had been fitted with premium lane guide rubbers

2 Likes

Re:1, I’ll say that I spent a ton of time working on this, trying to make sure the auto plunge was very straight, waxing the lane, etc (all at full 255 full power). In the end, at best it was 20% success all the way around just after a waxing. So really pretty poor. I gave up and learned to appreciate that at least I was getting Capt America pops.

Then all of a sudden, months after spending time on it, it started working, like 90% of the time. Big giant shrug.

1 Like

@sk8ball, @raydaypinball, what is your recommended pitch for this game (PRE/LE)? Thanks in advance.

I’ve tried to update this rulesheet to the latest v1.00 code by adding Capt Marvel Binary Hurry up, Thanos Attacks and Battle Thanos among some other changes taken from the latest readme files. Some things still need more information but hopefully everything is more or less accurate.

2 Likes

Isn’t there also another extra ball available for getting (3?) Avengers to Level 2?

There definitely seem more different ways of getting extra balls on AIQ than any other machine I’ve played.

Combos: I thought as long as you hit a ramp with the white combo arrow flashing you are good but I noticed repeatedly hitting the gauntlet ramp until the arrow goes out don’t open the portal lock. Also, I wish you could see your combo count on the main display. This is such a good shooting game…

I think you need to hit the Hawkeye loop shot after multiple Gauntlet ramp shots to count the additional shots for combos. But maybe multiple Gauntlet ramp shots just kill the combo.

I don’t believe any shots on AIQ allow you to “combo itself” – meaning: repeated shots to one physical shot resulting in combos. So you must go gauntlet to hawkeye to continue a combo. There is time for some number of repeat shots to gauntlet before your combo timer expires, while still remaining eligible for the flashing combo to hawkeye shot. You can use this to your advantage for higher value/award Hawkeye Combos (which is a separate thing from the “regular” combos). The eligibility period of flashing combos on AIQ is time-based and not switch based.

Your combo count does get displayed briefly on LCD screen as you make the shots.

Thanks for clarification. Honestly I just need to keep playing it and getting more time on it. It seems the more you play, the more you peel back more layers.

Indeed. So many layers. Each time I play AIQ, I end up wanting to play it more and try a different combination/sequence of events.

2 Likes

Can anyone help me align my flippers? Are your bats center tip pointing at the guide hole? Or slightly above?

Thanks

Witness the form of… binary markdown tables. Turned the trophy list into a table since I’m in a “markdown tables” phase at work ATM.

3 Likes

Time to go binary!

2 Likes

Elwin - if you’re reading this, I have two suggestions for the code:

After Battle Thanos, I noticed that playing through a second cycle of the game seems to be very difficult because the requirements for qualifying each Avenger don’t change from the previous mode they qualified. I feel like it would be better to make the new default requirements for each Avenger following that mode to simply be boosted one level from what they were for the previous cycle (ie. to qualify Soul Gem Quest the second time, the player would have to make the same number of shots as they did to qualify Black Order MB the first time). That being said, I understand it takes a lot of effort to even get to Battle Thanos and I could imagine why you wouldn’t want to change that.

I also noticed that if you activate a level 1 Mind Gem during the score tally screen at the start of Soul Gem Quest, it’ll collect the right orbit shot for you even if you activate Hard Mode during the intro animation for the mode. Is this intentional behavior or a bug?

Maybe I’m not understanding you, but when I have level 1 mind gem and hold the action button to enable hard mode, it doesnt burn one of my three mind gem uses.

Though, if you just mean that you can use mind gem uses before the mode “starts” that makes sense. But I agree, they should probably be disabled until the mode actually starts.