Avengers: Infinity Quest Rulesheet

Alright, in all seriousness, why not have a mode where after making a shot, you HAVE to press the action button for it to count and if you press it too late, mode’s over?

2 Likes

Both Groot and Krang should have no trouble at all playing such a mode!

5 Likes

Official rulesheet posted today: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf

6 Likes

Just updated a LOT of the rule sheet based off of the PDF. Too dang exhausted to do the stuff I left out, for now. Lol

2 Likes

Updated Trophy Mania section because Johannes got to it already, ha. Also the pdf rulesheet was missing some key details that aren’t explained anywhere.

2 Likes

@raydaypinball from the 0.91 readme… lots of great updates and fixes!
One question and one suggestion:
Question: So we can no longer stack a Quest on top of running Super Modes (targets, arc reactor, combos, etc)? I was enjoying the free background points from a Super Mode(s) --> Portal Quest MB stack.

Suggestion:
During Soul Gem Quest (and potentially other quests), add some text to the screen instructing the player what to shoot next. At least on Soul Gem, I watched a very skilled player who didn’t know the rules as well (and no, it wasn’t you, @tazmo72) not realize they needed to shoot for the drops during Soul Gem, and instead kept shooting for their lit gems they’d placed until I let them know what to shoot for.

2 Likes

@Snailman. I knew you weren’t talking about me when you said “very skilled player” ROFL!!!

3 Likes

Super modes were only supposed to pause during wizard modes, not quests. Misunderstanding, will be fixed

I don’t know how I could make those drops any brighter lol

Most modes DO have instruction on LCD if you look. Example on mind gem the final shot is sanctum target, which it says on screen SHOOT SANCTUM

2 Likes

I know. Just telling you what I saw.
And there might be quite a few players that aren’t used to modern pins involving the drops bank as the next major shot. Further, during regular gameplay, there’s always a drop grid insert flashing at you… I’m guessing players may become desensitized to the drops inserts flashing – even though it’s all nine of them. Maybe instead of pulsing inserts, have all nine rapidly flash?
Plus, it still couldn’t hurt to have instruction text for each next shot during Soul Gem. It doesn’t stack with anything else (if I’m not mistaken), and there’s plenty of screen real estate to do so.

Soul Gem is a very cool mode. Thanks for implementing it!

3 Likes

You could even have the drops inserts do a light pattern to form and arrow pointing to the drops too.

3 Likes

Same thought here. Great minds!

2 Likes

With Power gem on Grid drops… is it deterministic which additional box gets spotted for each drops completion? Or random?

1 Like

Always the next uncollected square in order (the same order the grid moves normally)

3 Likes

Noticed today that I had just started gamma ray and then immediately shot the portal lock(have pass through on). The Gamma ray timer does not stop while the ball is traveling under the PF and the timer ran out before the ball was back in play. Intentional?

I could understand it being intentional, but this would make disabling the subway beneficial to ensure not missing out on sweet gamma ray rip time.

1 Like

Yeah, KME seems to have a very anti-pause timers design philosophy. Maybe to prevent exploits?

1 Like

Since you light Gamma Ray by going down the right inlane to begin with, I’m betting the KME response is “just don’t shoot the portal lock”. :wink:

Which I kinda understand from a strategy standpoint too - portal locks don’t time out, but Gamma Ray does.

1 Like

Nothing like watching dinos devour your staff while frantically beating flipper buttons trying to escape a Control Room start. T-Rex will move almost half a space during paddock intro so blow off anything and everything you can in this game.

3 Likes

I like the hit Super Skillshot for +5 seconds ball save sequence while Iron Man Lock is lit and Hawkeye Challenge is lit…No ball save remaining when the ball is finally released

2 Likes

Gamma Ray is a special case because it syncs to a 15 second sound and lamp show. Can pause or restart without it becoming a mess.

Tower not pausing timers is for sure a bug

2 Likes

What gem quests are the most lucrative and do you have a go to gem quest?

1 Like