AC/DC Rule Sheet in beta

I’ve always liked Lucida Console, myself

I tried it, and didn’t find enough difference between standard and boldface to make the Pro/LE distinctive. It’s a good font.

I use OCR on irc myself. :wink: At least with that font you can tell 1 from l and 0 from O.

Jackpots can be as high as 1,5OO,OOO

3 Likes

Confirmed

I didn’t try all 3 but for in Jam MB it does work so I assume the behavior would be similar for the other 2

I shot 4 of the 5 shots before MB. Started MB, cradled up so as to make sure I didn’t make any of the other shots during MB.

Hit my VIP and was given the right loop (only remaining flashing shot) and was immediately given an add a ball.

Also confirmed I was running 1.68

Thanks. I wonder if it’s a setting. Will update.

Bowen, I am pretty sure Musical Notes carry through. If you enter your multiball with only one left and you hit it you will get your aab right away. I am 95% sure. But we will test it on ours tonight and get back to you. Edit: Sorry didn’t read all of the way through before posting. Thanks @PressStart for confirming.

Edit again:
We set ours into tournament mode and with the glass off tested to see if the Notes would carry over and they did, so it looks like they do in both standard and tournament settings. We are running 1.68. Also we looked through all of the settings and didn’t see anything that mentioned Notes, so I don’t think it is a thing that can be changed in settings.

Also for @alveolus, to light the Musical Notes it is slightly different for each song (enough pop hits in You Shook me, left orbit for Warmachine, etc). I always try and pick off a few shots after I have lit the Notes if I know I am going into multiball so that I know close to how many of the five shots I have left to start my aab. Keeping track is good because you don’t want to use your aab too soon (though sometimes if you are flailing away at the balls during ball save sometimes you get closer then you think to aab), but you also want it closer then five so that if you need to use a VIP you can get your multiball back if you drain or have one last minute shot to bring it back.

Edit again:
We set ours into tournament mode and with the glass off tested to see if the Notes would carry over and they did, so it looks like they do in both standard and tournament settings. We are running 1.68. Also we looked through all of the settings and didn’t see anything that mentioned Notes, so I don’t think it is a thing that can be changed in settings.

I stand corrected, then. (Just confirmed this on my AC/DC, so perhaps it was so ingrained from pre-1.68?.. or that my play style of “just start the multi-ball already!!” kept me from noticing.) Could have sworn there was a point where tourney mode forced you to get all 5 notes for add-a-ball. Wonder if that changed at the same time the “only need to complete FIRE in-lanes one time if you don’t fire the Song Jackpot cannon to re-light” thing was changed to needing 3 completions no matter what.

EDIT: Or, it’s also very possible that I was getting the new Hard mode Tourney settings for re-qualifying the Hell playfield confused with the add-a-ball rule.

I think it was just a common misconception.

I’ve had acdc for a very long time well before 1.68 and it has always carried notes into MB.

I always wondered why people thought otherwise

People thought it changed in recent revisions to not be the same as it was before. It’s a widely held fact, but appears to be an urban myth.

Right, that’s what I heard. I’m curious if it’s a setting or just something people thought was happening.

Bowen, we looked through the settings and didn’t find anything that seemed related to the music notes to be able to change it. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t a setting, it just means we couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Thanks for helping! Looks like it might be an urban legend :wink:

If I’m on ball 2 with a VIP pass in hand, brick a super skill shot, but hit the button, will that award me the super skill, resulting in me having 2 VIP passes?

1 Like

Depends on the song you’re in.

The following songs will do it (but not 100% sure on the last 2):

Rock and Roll Train
Hell’s Bells
Highway to Hell
Hell Ain’t a Bad Place to Be

War Machine doesn’t, because the VIP doesn’t spot the orbit.

1 Like

Update me!

2 Likes

Most importantly, the world needs to know how to OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI all day.

1 Like

Maybe we could make the original post a wiki?

The big feature in 1.70 is the Devil Horns rules:

• The Devil Horns will be lit on the bell shot, then the right orbit, then the left orbit.
  • After making the third Devils Horns shot, the jukebox will blink. Shoot the jukebox to collect “Stuff”, an award in this order:
    • 2x Devil Horns scores for the rest of the ball.
    • Hold Bonus (Does not score your bonus twice on your last ball).
    • 7,500,000 points (Can be multiplied by PF multiplier)
    • Award bell shot with VIP pass for the rest of the ball.
    • Oi Mania, supposedly a frenzy mode worth 7,500 per switch, but this seems to do nothing currently?
    • 10,000,000 points (Can be multiplied by PF multiplier)
    • Extra Ball
    • …repeat
  • After a Devil Horns award is collected, the sequence restarts with Devil Horns lit at the bell.
  • A Devil Horns shot is worth 250,000 + 12,500 * number of Stuff awards collected. This is doubled if you collected “2x Devil Horns” that ball.
  • You can hit Devil Horns shots in multiball, but you can’t collect the award until after MB is over.
  • You can no longer use VIP passes to advance PF multiplier or to score a super skill shot, unless you get the “Award Bell Shot w/ VIP Pass” award on that ball.
3 Likes

So can you qualify multiple Stuff awards during a multiball? (you’ve got a couple Stuff awards stacked and ready for collection on your next couple shots to the R orbit-to-saucer shot)

You can’t stack awards. After your third Devil Horns shot, Stuff is ready at the jukebox, and no Devil Horns will be lit until you collect the award. You can’t collect the award during MB, but it will be lit after MB is over, similar to how changing songs works.

2 Likes