Feels real good.

7 Likes

Had a good time in Arkansas!

2 Likes

missing one player who left after the round of 16 ended

1 Like

Jared August Michigan State Champion

4 Likes

Oh wow, not bad. Illinois finished a little after 4:00.

ā€¦AM

VA States - Kevin Kuntz wins
MD States - Dave Hubbard wins
both repeats of previous champions

DC - Matt Gatwood wins I believe.

1 Like

Just curious if any states other than Ohio can claim this situationā€¦

• Participated in SCS/NACS all 8 years
  • Different host location each year
  • Different champ each year
  • All champs are residents of the host state
3 Likes

What is the definition of parity? Haha. Thatā€™s wild.

What the heckā€™s happening with the spreadsheet? It keeps getting sorted without sorting the 16/24 column, so the payouts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th arenā€™t correct. And someone put Andy as winning Illinois, or did I just imagine watching that game of Simpsons?

It did seem like some kind of crazed fever dream

Added results for Texas.

Indiana. Matt Peace-1st. Andy Dill-2nd. Tommy forgot the plaques. We all agreed the plates were a great substitute.

4 Likes

The first Michigan WNACS champion is Jenny Lentz and the runner up is Heather Catenacci. Semis and finals were very exciting!

2 Likes

coin drop only, no buffet pricing locations?

Duuuuudeā€¦ a BIT whiney? Are you using the pin and playing a game on said pin? Then pay the operator/venue their due. Doesnā€™t matter whether the game is one game after work on your way home, dollar games with friends, league game, or a State Championship game or warmup game.

And then you couple your ā€œrationaleā€ of how you shouldnā€™t have to pay to play, with ā€œam glad Iā€™m in a position to support location pinball in a town outside of my own?ā€ Stick with the latter position of supporting location pinball (aka paying to play the game that someone has invested in, maintains, and occupies floor space), and donā€™t get stingy with your quarters.

At our SCS, Iā€™m happy to report that via the great idea of one of my fellow State Reps, we took up a collection among the competitors where everyone paid MORE than we did to get into the entrance-fee location, as a monetary tip to say thanks to the techs at the public location for going above and beyond, in servicing the pins before/during the tournament.

9 Likes

Yup, only coin drop. Vote for Phish in the IFPA elections. And no, itā€™s not true that George Santos is my uncle. Just ask my wife, Morgan Fairchild.

1 Like

Instead of a spreadsheet can we do a wiki next time? Easier to view and edit on mobile.

Anyone know where Ohio bracket was?

1 Like

Weird, it was on the sheet before. Here you go: IFPA SCS 2022 - Ohio (Jan 2023) - Challonge

Derek Fugate was confirmed to play, but was a no call / no show on Saturday. That bumped Rosa to my first round match. We had a good 7 game battle but it ended up being a short day for me.

Anyone know where the Indiana bracket is? Or who won?

Looks like it was posted 7 posts before you asked, unless that was a joke.

Indiana. Matt Peace-1st. Andy Dill-2nd.